What are your thoughts? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 02:31 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What are your thoughts?

I've had the almighty 7.3 and loved it, sold it which was dumb, now looking again for that diesel power. Came across a 2006 f-350 dually king ranch 4x4 But one little twist (reason for awesome price I found out) its a 2002.. But everything besides the body and frame is a 2006. It has the 6.0 with 102k orig miles just in the 02 body. Insides are 06, drive tran, rear, front end, everything. Guess my question is, how often do people do a swap from a 7.3 to a 6.0 plus everything else, and will run into any problems? Any help would be awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Huh? I've never heard of someone doing that...... Ever. Really it's still an 02 truck with a 06 powertrain. The price would have to be pretty awesome to buy that. I don't see any huge issue but trying to figure out replacement parts could get interesting.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:54 PM

See that's what I'm saying! I guess he had alot of miles on the 7.3, had someone sell him an 06 super cheap, and just swapped everything. When he said it was an 02, and a king ranch I mention that I had thought they only made the king ranch in 03 and up. Then he told me the whole story. I drove it, and it's quick, sounds, and shifts great, but hearing all of that made me a little sceptical. From the carpet, to the seats, to the steering wheel and buttons are all an 06. It's super clean too
Old 11-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

whoa, didnt know that was possible. If thats what really happened he got the vgt electronics for the turbo and everything else hooked back up. Not an easy swap. You have a link for this thing?
Old 11-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Did he put in the front coil spring axle too? Really as long as you got powertrain parts for an 06 truck it shouldn't be to much of an issue.

Wow, really sounds like he had to much time on his hands..... He must have gotten a heck of a deal on a wrecked truck to go thru all that. I still don't see why someone would to that. How much is he asking for it? How many miles are on the odometer and the title?
Old 11-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Really the body style is the same from 99-04 so it was probably a rather easy swap. I've read about people putting the newer 05 up front axle on older trucks too. I would imagine swapping over all the wiring and getting it to work would probably have been one of the toughest things.

Still don't get it though.... Probably be worth more if it still had a 7.3 in it.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:36 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Let's re-cap here... The truck is an 06. 06 motor, frame, tranny, body, etc, yet has an 02 title. Why are the red flags not going up in your head? I bet if you ran a Carfax on the vin on the 02, or the 06, you'd find some interesting stuff (either stolen or wrecked).
Old 11-15-2011, 03:40 PM

I was told a clean title, and title in hand, im going to run the carfax tomorrow at work, and ill find out for sure, it does seem fishy, but its a friend ive known for years. I hope this link works for the pic:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...i/6ad4aca6.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...i/e0c3c806.jpg
Old 11-15-2011, 03:42 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I say get the vin off the motor and run that too. I bet you'll find that the 6.0 was totaled/stolen, and they took the title from a high mileage/junked 2002 and swapped vins (which is illegal).
Old 11-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Powerstroke Techie

No, the truck is an 02, with an 02 vin tag, but with a later 6.0 powertrain. Sort of like doing a Cummins swap. Sounds like more work then it's worth in my book but as long as the swap was done right I don't see to many issues with it. How much of a good deal is it though? Wouldn't really be worth more then $12,000-$14,000 to me, if that. Mostly because the resale value is going to be goofy, and you really don't have any idea how much mileage is actually on stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.