Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oil change, oil filter, fuel filter 01 f250 7.3

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Galaxie 
#1 ·
It's getting that time again to replace fluids. I plan on going with rotella 15w-40, motercraft oil filter and fuel filter. Was wondering where everyone got theirs and how much. Always get mine by the 5 gallon from SAMs club and then filters from parts store. Need to save a little cash this time so was wondering best place online or parts store was the best price. Thanks

Sent from my mobile
communication device

#2 ·
Just saw online that Tractor Supply Co has 5 gallon buckets of Rotella on sale for $54 for Thanksgiving. Oil filters are cheapest at Walmart.

#4 ·
^^ not even 10 bucks for a FL1995 (18 microns absolute) is a great deal!

I usually get my fuel filters online a lot cheaper than the stores...even with shipping.

I run the Donaldson P550437 fuel filter, 5 microns at 95%. Pretty good and usually reasonably priced.

#3 ·
I get my oil from the AutoZone I work at. T6 costs $27.99/gal there but I markdown the price to $21.36/gal since thats what the local Walmart sells it for. I get the Mobil 1 filter. I think I paid about $10 for it after my discount. Fuel filters are about $25 after my discount too.

#5 ·
It's getting that time again to replace fluids. I plan on going with rotella 15w-40, motercraft oil filter and fuel filter. Was wondering where everyone got theirs and how much. Always get mine by the 5 gallon from SAMs club and then filters from parts store. Need to save a little cash this time so was wondering best place online or parts store was the best price. Thanks
Do you have cold winters where you are? Might want to go to a 10 weight or even 5 weighted oil so it flows easier when it's cold.

#6 ·
I would (and do) run a 5/40 year round. T-6 should be 19-22 depeding where you live. Filters, get a ford at walmart or dieselfiltersonline.com

I buy them by the boxes so online works for me! If you in a REALLY cold area 5/30 diesel will be ok too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.