911 Fuel Pressure ???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
911 Fuel Pressure ????

(E99 7.3) How do I know if my truck is loosing fuel pressure? And what is the bare minimum before the truck dies? Reason is this morning while pulling aload to work (8,000 lbs plus the truck itself) my service engine light would come on under a straign (Serious head wind this morning) and would go back out as soon as the truck leveled off. All gages showed normal the whole time Including my fuel pressure gage. Got in in to go to lunch and took off (no trailer) and it ran fine but my FPG bounced around and stayed at about 42 for a few seconds before going back to about 62 psi. I have a 50 mile drive home and am wondering what my chances are. I hope my gage has just gone bad but????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 05:02 PM

Well if anyone was worried about me I made it home ok. On one hill while the truck was lugging a little the light came on again but my fuel gage never dropped below 60 and never went over 64. When I got close to home ( in case it was to break down) I started playing with it some. I could mash the motor and it ran smooth and pulled hard with no engine light or fuel drop. I don't have my programmer anymore so I can't check the codes. Gonna see if I can get a buddy of mine to check them for me and see whats going on. Anyone got any ideas in the meantime?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:08 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Maybe low HPOP pressure?
Fuel PSI should be 55 min I'd say. Low boost possibly. Too many things it could be.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:30 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My guess is the map sensor was sensing an overboost situation (unless you have a boost fooler) and was defueling the truck along w/setting off the engine light. You will also get a code in there for the modified IDM just so you know and don't get worried.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickhorse View Post
My guess is the map sensor was sensing an overboost situation (unless you have a boost fooler) and was defueling the truck along w/setting off the engine light. You will also get a code in there for the modified IDM just so you know and don't get worried.
Hey thanks man I do have a boost fooler on there but I had it all off the other day (couple weeks ago) when I installed my new 17* Terminator HPOP SO some thing might have come loose, broke etc... I forgot all about it till you just mentioned it. I will check that out. Also I will post back when I can get those codes pulled and see what it says was really going on.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:08 AM

I had the codes ran this week end by my friend (snap on scanner) and a lot of them I am thinking was on there from a couple weeks ago when I put my new HPOP on and started it up. ICP,IPR, and HPOP related codes. I also have one for the EBPV which I keep unplugged so thats a no brainer. The P1211 is probably from 1 of 2 things. 1 is from where I put the new HPOP on OR the new modded 17* HPOP is over pumping for what my factory (E99) injectors can take/handle. The one that has me a little confused is the P1249 waste gate. I do not have it unplugged and never have had this code before, untill recently AFTER I installed the new HPOP. I do have a boost fooler but according to my boost gage I never see over 20psi. So did I mess some thing up (possible cracked vacume line etc...) or is it another side effect of bigger HPOP and still factory injectors?
Old 11-21-2011, 07:10 AM

Oh, and the fuel pressure gage must have just been a short or some thing because it hasn't acted up again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.