Thank you deer - $3300 in damages - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thank you deer - $3300 in damages

I hit a deer Monday morning. Well the dumb a$$ actually ran into the side of my truck. His nose hit my bumper then rolled down the side of my truck. Wasted the fender, skin on the drivers door and caved in the side impact beam on the back door which means the entire door needs to be replaced.

Now, my buddy owns the body shop where it's getting fixed. I've made arrangements with him to paint my door handles white. I've also ordered the 07 F-250 Lariat fender badges. Sorry to say I'm going to copy another member with this because I think it looks fantastic.

T 444E door emblems

I'm going to have my bug shield painted white and the FX4 decals are coming off.

Any other ides while I'm there?

Here is an older picture.

The light bar is no more after hitting a black lab mid summer. My rig must be an animal magnet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I feel your pain, my jeep is a tree magnet.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Man that sucks. That's why I carry a $100 deductible... It already paid for itself on my last truck.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

paint the window visor things white look sick and the mirrors and than get some nice black rims lol but it looks good now too man
Old 10-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Govy Magnet

How bad is the bumper? Bad enough for an 05+ conversion? That would be my excuse to spend money with the wife...I hit a deer...I need a new front end lol. I'm sorry to hear that man that really sucks...Sounds like everyone this week is getting into fights with deer, just check out the 6.0 general. I'm sorry to hear that though that really sucks. I would think about the bug-shield personally I think that would be a little bit too much white on the front end.
~Phil
Old 10-22-2011, 05:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post
Man that sucks. That's why I carry a $100 deductible... It already paid for itself on my last truck.
Luckily I have a $0 deductable on comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchie88 View Post
paint the window visor things white look sick and the mirrors and than get some nice black rims lol but it looks good now too man
Great idea! We have to take the visors off anyway. I'm going to leave the mirrors alone because I hope to someday get a set of 08+ mirrors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambonimaxx View Post
How bad is the bumper? Bad enough for an 05+ conversion? That would be my excuse to spend money with the wife...I hit a deer...I need a new front end lol. I'm sorry to hear that man that really sucks...Sounds like everyone this week is getting into fights with deer, just check out the 6.0 general. I'm sorry to hear that though that really sucks. I would think about the bug-shield personally I think that would be a little bit too much white on the front end.
~Phil
The bumper didn't get any damage. The funny thing is when my wife saw the damage she said "too bad it wasn't in the front, then you could get the front end you want". But on the plus side my drivers door has rust on the bottom. So at least that will get taken care of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.