performance!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
performance!!!

With my 2002 F-350 4X4 regular cab and 8ft bed i was wondering who make the best intake and custom chip out there. i am looking for mileage and power! there are so many choices that i want advice on what i should look for and i've decided to spend the extra money for a custom chip rather than an edge, hypertech, ect.... I know this topic has been brought up in hundreds of threads and people are tired of seeing it but i would deffinately like opinions here!! thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 05:51 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
I would run a PHP 6 position tuner. Power Hungry Performance - Feed your hunger for POWER!

You can make your own intake for this 99-03 7.3 Someone will post up the parts, I think guys are doing this for about $50.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:53 PM

BDP has good tunes for a pretty penny. Along with TW, but not as costly. PHP FU comes with a chip burner so if you go with this you'll never have to mail your chip in to get reburnt. Beans charges a $275 for every reburn. Also the DP Tuner F6 you can have new tunes emailed to you & take them for a test drive before you buy them!

Intake your best bet is a DIY 6637 filter. Complete new intake for roughly $50! You're going to want an exhaust & gauges if you get a chip so that you can see what's going on. Straight pipe will be sufficent for chip & gauges and has a nice sound!

PM me if you have any questions
Old 10-21-2011, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
I would run a PHP 6 position tuner. Power Hungry Performance - Feed your hunger for POWER!

You can make your own intake for this 99-03 7.3 Someone will post up the parts, I think guys are doing this for about $50.
I've spent hours researching tuner/chips/programmers what ever you want to call them. PHP is who I've decided to go with. Now I just have to keep my kids from going to the emergency room so i can afford it.

Here is a write up from the perfomance section on intakes.

Intakes...who and what!.. ( Write up )
Old 10-21-2011, 04:47 AM

good greif, after reading that thread im more confused than ever, Do I go with the 6637 or is it not better, now im leaning to the k/n drop in.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:41 AM

6637 is much better than the K&N filters. Higher efficiency, filters out smaller particles. I wouldn't put a K&N in anything I own.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:04 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttyR2 View Post
6637 is much better than the K&N filters. Higher efficiency, filters out smaller particles.

I use K&N on a gasser, but not on a turbo'd engine.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
6637 is much better than the K&N filters. Higher efficiency, filters out smaller particles. I wouldn't put a K&N in anything I own.

PHP dropped the price of their basic 6 position. as stated, do a 6637. fleetfitler.com has a great price, and $3 at Home Depot for pipe you set. gauges, pyro should be required. if you have an auto its a good idea to ahve a trans temp gauge. boost is fun and helpful in diagnostics.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Ok, Thanks I was allready to do the 6637 mod till i red that link where the last guy said the 6637 was too restricted and no one argued so I was like what the heck? Guess I will be doing that mod next If you guys say that is the way to go.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:03 AM

For sure! whoever said that doesn't know what they're talking about. 6637 is best all around way to go! Cheap & very efficient!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.