Cooper Tires - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cooper Tires

So I posted about some tires awhile ago and haven't been home to drive my truck but I'm back now and was looking at the cooper discover at3 reasonable price and I like these because they offer a 55K mile warranty. But They only have them in a D(8 ply) rating. Am I just asking for trouble? Or should I get them on order?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 05:54 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A) I would not go any lower than E range

B) Just a personal opinion, but I had a set of cooper discover or discovery on my old truck when I bought it, they were absolutely terrible and would hydroplane all the time.

C) I just bought a set of Falken tires Here, and I couldn't be happier with them. The free shipping doesn't hurt either. Check their prices, they seem to have the best prices around.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Emergency Services

I loved my cooper discoverer atr's I had on my chevy 1500, can't speak for them on a heavier vehicle. Do you tow anything? If not or its just small stuff, you will be fine with D load range, if you go over their weight rating, you might be ok, or they might blow and you might total your rig or hurt someone in the process, keep in mind most insurance companies will deny your claim if something like that happens, you need to CYA when it comes to these things.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:09 PM

my normal load is about 2500-3500K. But I also pull my 35ft enclosed from time to time that weights 8000ish..? Both of those are what have me concerned. I'm just having a problem finding tires and have heard good things about those coopers.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:11 PM

My truck came with D rated tires on it when I bought it, and I just replaced them with 315/75/16 tires..with a D rating. Never had any issues. I don't tow heavy often though. The most I'll usually tow is around 7-8000lbs, and that's only a few times a year.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:35 PM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What size are you looking at? They have several sizes that are E rated. I had a set of these tires put on a work truck earlier this year and they did fine for about the 5k miles I put on them before I turned that truck in. I also have 2 friends that have these tires on their Dodge diesels and they have nothing bad to say about them either. Being a good deal helped them to decide on these tires.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:41 PM

On another note, the tires that were on my truck when I bought it were Hankook Dynapro somethings, I put 4k in the bed and they were fine. Just a short trip though. Truck only sagged an inch. I heard good things about them, but price was why I didn't get them again.

I don't think that my discoverers were at3's, just some radial style.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:44 PM

315 75 r16 is the size im looking for. did your buddies with dodges have the cooper discover at3s?
Old 10-21-2011, 01:44 PM

So in order to get 10plys in these coopers I would have to go with 305/70/16. Does anyone have a pic of a crew cab with a 4in lift with that tire size they can load? I'm not sure if that will look funny or not. Thanks
Old 10-21-2011, 09:09 PM

I know it's not the best pic, but here's mine and OSAW's truck (dunno if he's a member here). Mine is leveled with 315/75/16s. His is lifted 4", with 305/70/16s.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.