I have been on the hunt for a 7.3 Ext Cab Lariat short bed 4x4 for some time now and finally found "the one" I hope.
After test driving I did notice a few things.
1. The transmission shifted very similiar to a 6.0 torque shift, quick and firm. Is this normal? The 3rd - 4th gear change is kind of violent or much firmer. I can almost think that it is a transmission mount that is broken.
2. Previous owner a had a pretty serious veggie system setup on it. Big tank in the bed, lots of hoses and filters under the hood. The stealership has no information on it. Is this potentially going to be a bad thing?
3. The windows rolled down very slow, but shot up very fast. Strange...
4. Truck does have an edge with attitude but was not hooked up apparently because it would not come on during test drive.
5. Truck has brand new tires, and brakes it seems. Engine sounded excellent. No other mods than a stereo.
6. The AC/HEAT system was hot and cold but the vents for the dash would not get air. Is this an easy fix?
Please post anything information. These are specific questions that I could not find much when searching.
2001 Used Ford Super Duty F-250 Lariat with Off Road Pkg & 4WD at Atlanta Auto Brokers Serving Marietta, GA, IID 7737576
This is the truck, however I am not buying at their price I am buying it through OVE.com its a dealer's website. Much much cheaper.