Mirrors with turn signal and defrost install? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mirrors with turn signal and defrost install?

Hey guys -
I want to swap mirrors with a newer truck (2007) so that I have the turn signal and defrost on the side mirrors on my 2000 and put my 2000 mirrors on the '07. What is involved with this? Will they swap right over between the two trucks? What are the chances my '00 is wired for the turn signal/defrost? If it's not wired for it, what do I need to do to get them to work?

Thanks !

Scott
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Depending on when your 00 was buit, you may have round plugs rather than the rectangualr ones on the newer mirrors. You have a vary high probibility of not having turn or defrost wireing. Just run three wires for the running light, turn signal and defrost.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Govy Magnet

There is a write-up in the exterior section. The wiring should be just about the same as the 08's and the same concept at least. you will need to run a wire for the blinker, as well as a constant light hot for the marker lights. The heat I'm not sure, I have heard tons of different things about the heat side, and most I believe just run it to keyed on power.

~Phil
Old 10-17-2011, 09:21 AM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
For the defrost, this is a good time to wire them up on a switch. Every spring i take my fuse out. Wish I had the defroster on a switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 10-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thanks for the replies, guys. I have both trucks and I was going to swap the mirrors between the two trucks. Sounds like it's possible but I would have to cut the harness on the '07 to get the power mirror part to work? I keep thinking it's two plugs per mirror, one for the adjustments and one for the rest of it - that would be nice because I could swap them and worry about making the defrost and blinkers work later. Looks like there is no 'easy' way around for these. I was hoping they were 'swap and play'.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.