problems please help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
problems please help

So i have some things going on. Today i went to go somewhere, and i got in the truck started it and it had a faint squeaking sound. Kinda like a loose belt but not really. So i went back and parked the truck and lifted the hood. After further review i have HEAVY soot on the passenger side intercooler tube at the intercooler. Looking under the truck there is oil leaking onto the radiator tube that goes from the passenger side of the radiator to the drivers side of the engine. Also something that i thought was strange is that when i checked my oil the oil level was full and the oil was clean not black. Its been 1500-2000 miles since i changed the oil. If i rev the motor in park i have smoke come form the exhaust. Not a alot but more, imo, than normal. And the same if i punch the throttle going down the road. Not sure whats going on. I did have the front main seal replaced about 10,000 miles or so ago. The truck has now 137000 miles on it. Im alittle frustrated cause i deploy on monday morning and wont be able to touch it for six months. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Are you talking about the intercooler boot being covered in 'soot?' it sounds like your CCV system is way too full of oil since you havent ever modded it and it wore out the factory boots, since you dont have time to order them do a simple CCV mod(turn the doghouse around and run a hose) take all the boots off and clean them real well, and put them back on. you have a boost leak big time if you can smoke a bunch without tunes.

I'd order the dieselsite boots for the future as well.
Anyway good luck.
and thanks for your service!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:30 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Running the hose out the back isn't the right way to do the CCV Mod , but this isn't the time nor place. You can PM me for more info.

How is it driving? Where are you located? Please fill out your signature so we know some info about you and the truck. Try posting a pic of the area you are concerned with. If you are in NC I might be able to help ya. I will still help ya all I can through PM and email if you aren't. Let me also say THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!! Please be careful over there. You can PM me if you would like. I can give you my email for pics if needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.