NEW GUY, NEW TRUCK, PICS & QUESTIONS!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-01-2011, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEW GUY, NEW TRUCK, PICS & QUESTIONS!!

Howdy all, Great site. I haven't needed to register this past month because I was to busy reading all the dang FAQs lol

Anyways, Im buying this truck(gave deposit, picking up next weekend) and would like yalls input and opinions on it. It is a 2001 7.3 ccsb xlt 4x4 with 118k on it. Only performance mods are a 4" exhaust. It also has the 05+ front end on it, fender flares a small lift or leveling kit(I'll get to that) and some little odds and ends.


By no4ncrp at 2011-10-01


By no4ncrp at 2011-10-01

Here is question 1. Can you tell by the pics if it is just a leveling kit? The original add said 3.5" suspension lift but the guy says it might just be a leveling kit. He wasn't sure. It has procomp shocks and dual steering stabilizers and he's running 35s on 16s right now.

Im wanting to run 35s on 20s but want to make sure they'll fit. It needs tires so nows the time. Question 2. Will they fit?

My plans are 35s on 20s, guages the day I get it, DIY filter mod, ts 6 position, tint, stereo, remove chrome door handles and gas cap door, and whatever else yall reccomend.

Whats your thoughts? Look forward to learning from the guys who know best. Thanks in advance
NO4NCRP is offline  
post #2 of 6 Old 10-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Buffalo444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Carlyle, IL
Posts: 2,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO4NCRP View Post
Howdy all, Great site. I haven't needed to register this past month because I was to busy reading all the dang FAQs lol

Anyways, Im buying this truck(gave deposit, picking up next weekend) and would like yalls input and opinions on it. It is a 2001 7.3 ccsb xlt 4x4 with 118k on it. Only performance mods are a 4" exhaust. It also has the 05+ front end on it, fender flares a small lift or leveling kit(I'll get to that) and some little odds and ends.


By no4ncrp at 2011-10-01


By no4ncrp at 2011-10-01

Here is question 1. Can you tell by the pics if it is just a leveling kit? The original add said 3.5" suspension lift but the guy says it might just be a leveling kit. He wasn't sure. It has procomp shocks and dual steering stabilizers and he's running 35s on 16s right now.

Im wanting to run 35s on 20s but want to make sure they'll fit. It needs tires so nows the time. Question 2. Will they fit?

My plans are 35s on 20s, guages the day I get it, DIY filter mod, ts 6 position, tint, stereo, remove chrome door handles and gas cap door, and whatever else yall reccomend.

Whats your thoughts? Look forward to learning from the guys who know best. Thanks in advance
35's on 20's will fit the same as 35's on 16's. a 35" tire is a 35" tire. need better picks of the suspension to tell on the lift. also, is it a 250 or 350?

Jason

First rig: e99 F250 CCSB 4x4 auto, white, 388k miles: traded in
Then: 02 F350 RCLB SRW 4x4 zf6, silver, 201k miles, THREW A ROD : traded to Jake
Now: 96 F350 CCLB DRW 4x2 auto, red and silver/grey, 266k miles: rusty but trusty
Buffalo444 is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 10-01-2011, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Its a 250. That was my thinking on the tires but Ive read a lot on here about only certain 20" wheels working. Im wanting to run a 20x10 rim becauce I want em to stick out a little especially since its got fender flares.

I'll get better pics this weekend when I pick it up.
NO4NCRP is offline  
post #4 of 6 Old 10-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Buffalo444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Carlyle, IL
Posts: 2,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO4NCRP View Post
Its a 250. That was my thinking on the tires but Ive read a lot on here about only certain 20" wheels working. Im wanting to run a 20x10 rim becauce I want em to stick out a little especially since its got fender flares.

I'll get better pics this weekend when I pick it up.
they have to be hubcentric not lugcentric and also have the correct backspacing (although I couldnt tell you what it is)

Jason

First rig: e99 F250 CCSB 4x4 auto, white, 388k miles: traded in
Then: 02 F350 RCLB SRW 4x4 zf6, silver, 201k miles, THREW A ROD : traded to Jake
Now: 96 F350 CCLB DRW 4x2 auto, red and silver/grey, 266k miles: rusty but trusty
Buffalo444 is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 10-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
SS4Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: W.Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 674
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Welcome to the Site! And Great looking truck! as others said a 35" outter diameter tire is already on the truck, so running 35's will not be a problem! Beware that 35's on 20's is a bit spendy (the tires are the expensive part!) I think I paid around $2500 for my Good Year Dura tracs (325/60R20) and my 20x9 XD Hoss wheels. (4.5" backspacing is what is needed im pretty sure)

A lift or a leveling kit is just a difference in terms really, a leveling kit generally refers to just raising the front to match the rear. The way that truck looks from the pics (wheel well gap front and rear) looks like it's certainly up there a bit further!

Close up pics of the suspension will narrow down what it is. I would guesstimate that it has some add-a-leafs on the front and rear to lift it up 3.5"

And I love the name, "No Foreign Crap!"


02 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke PMF Suspension 20" XD Hoss 325/60R20 Dura-Tracs
38R 4" MBRP TW Chip HPX Mod EBPV delete 6637 Billet Converter Shift Kit Autometer GS
SS4Matt is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 10-03-2011, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Matt View Post
Welcome to the Site! And Great looking truck! as others said a 35" outter diameter tire is already on the truck, so running 35's will not be a problem! Beware that 35's on 20's is a bit spendy (the tires are the expensive part!) I think I paid around $2500 for my Good Year Dura tracs (325/60R20) and my 20x9 XD Hoss wheels. (4.5" backspacing is what is needed im pretty sure)

A lift or a leveling kit is just a difference in terms really, a leveling kit generally refers to just raising the front to match the rear. The way that truck looks from the pics (wheel well gap front and rear) looks like it's certainly up there a bit further!

Close up pics of the suspension will narrow down what it is. I would guesstimate that it has some add-a-leafs on the front and rear to lift it up 3.5"

And I love the name, "No Foreign Crap!"

LOL Im on about 10 different forums with this name and your the 1st to notice it. It goes back to my Mustang days. I hate ricers! It will be my new liscence plate also.

Anyways, thanks fr the help and the compliments. Im going to pick it up this weekend and I'll post more pics then.

I agree that by the pics it looks like it has something on the front and the rear.
NO4NCRP is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome