HELP Just bought a 02 ccsb....Has some problems!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 03:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP Just bought a 02 ccsb....Has some problems!!

Just brought home another 7.3 truck that I lucked up and got for $12,000!!! It does have some minor issues I will be addressing this weekened(with y'alls help,of course!!!) 1st off,My radio and the lights for the window switches don't turn off when I turn off the ignition and open the door.Even after I get out of the truck and shut the door,they are still on.I did notice the next morning when I went out to check and see if the batteries were dead, that they were off and it started??? Another issue is a dash light that stays on the entire time while the truck is running.It is red and looks like a 4 door car.What the heck is this light?Is it the door ajar light?I'm assuming its related to my above issues but I'm not sure......Lastly,None of my door locks move when I press either switch lock or unlock.I'm gonna check the fuse first but which fuse is it and if that's not the problem,what do I check next??
Thanks for reading and any advice is really appreciated!!!!
Pics coming as soon the sun comes up!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 05:02 AM

your interior lights are staying on and that dash light is probably a door ajar light. these trucks are notorious for their door latches sticking/not working correctly. There is a write-up somewhere for fixing/replacing, but I had a similar problem with one door once, so I just WD-40 all my latches and slammed my doors a bunch of times until the latch worked itself out. And it hasn't been a problem since lol
Old 10-01-2011, 06:27 AM

Thanks man! fixin to wd40 the hell out of it now!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 08:16 AM

checked fuse for door looks,looked good. Even switched with another fuse and still nada.Any ideas?
Old 10-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Yep, they need lubing, there is no plunger like in other vehicles, it is in the latch itself. Use a light weight oil to free her up, then I use some white lith grease. I have had to use PB Blaster to free some up, just so you know.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

It isn't a fuse, the lights are working so why would you check the fuse? It is what is telling them to stay on? Answer: The latch, so keep lubing it and opening and closing the door until they shut off. Could be any door. The lights will shut down after a period of time as a built in default so you don't drain the batteries, IIRC it is around 10 min.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
Yep, they need lubing, there is no plunger like in other vehicles, it is in the latch itself. Use a light weight oil to free her up, then I use some white lith grease. I have had to use PB Blaster to free some up, just so you know.
Yep, spray the heck out of them and they should start working.

Do the door locks make any noise when you hit the button? You can usually hit the lock button and hear them try to move. Most times the lock actuators get weak and have to be replaced.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Sorry bud, I didn't read your entire post. The problem with the door locks is the actuators, another common problem. There is a aluminum foil fix, but I don't recommend this. Fix it right and replace the actuators, the new ones are much stronger and more reliable. I had to do all 4 of mine in 2003 and they are still running strong.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Oh I also don't recommend mickey mousing the generic actuators for $10 and hacking into a perfectly good harness. The last ones I bought were $43 each from Official Ford Parts Site | Buy Motorcraft & OEM Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com
Old 10-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
Sorry bud, I didn't read your entire post. The problem with the door locks is the actuators, another common problem. There is a aluminum foil fix, but I don't recommend this. Fix it right and replace the actuators, the new ones are much stronger and more reliable. I had to do all 4 of mine in 2003 and they are still running strong.
Agreed, I've had to do this to quite a few trucks. Stick with the OEM actuators. You'll be pissed if you have to do it again because the actuators are a little tricky to get to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.