Aussie needs guidance 450 hp wanted.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aussie needs guidance 450 hp wanted....

Hi all my name is Rory.....

I currently have an Australian 2005 F250 which is a 1999-2003 US style truck minus alot of the good stuff you guys get.....

I'm wanting to get around 450 hp from my truck and need some guidance on what direction to go I will give you the spec of what I have done so far....

ADRENILINE HPOP
S&B INTAKE
ZOO-DAD MOD
ATS COMPRESSOR HOUSING
DP TUNER 60hp Tow 100hp Per 120 race and 140 extreme.
JOHN WOOD VALVE BODY
TURBO MASTER MECHANICAL WASTEGATE.
BOOST FOOLER
EXTRA TRANNY COOLER
MAGTEC DEEP TRAANY PAN
AIH REMOVED
4 INCH TWIN STACKS NO MUFFLER
CCV MOD
18 WHEELS 34 inch overall.

Well I was thinking injectors and a new turbo....38r seems to be a common mod but....I would love to hear what you guys suggest....I understand that I have PMR rods so big power isn't on the cards yet but in future maybe....hence why I was thinking bigger injectors then I actually need at the moment!

Well that is where I am at......please feel free to advise me on the direction I should go.

Cheers and many thanks in advance

Rory

Last edited by CATFORD; 09-30-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well Rory I'm sure already know what everyone is gonna say because it looks like you've been lurking the forum for a while with your list of mods.

They will tell you to get hybrid injectors a bts transmission( not sure what that would cost get over there) and a t4 or t4i turbo mount and an s366 seems to be all the craze right and your basically a retard if you don't listen to these guys. Haha.

But if you may go bigger later then that would all make since. If you think you may be happy than get stage II's, bts, and gtp38r and enjoy it.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks mate...:I do intend on getting forged rods and head studs later on....and have sourced a heavy duty tranny with billet convertor for $6000 AUD so I'm guessing hybrid injectors and a 38 r just wanted to make sure this would work!!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

There are hundreds of different combos that will get you to 450 HP, but how long the PMR rods will last is a huge gamble. Some times you have to pay to play, unless you do it right and get the forged rods now. Cuz you know once you hot 450 you will want more.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks NCHORNET.....mate I do want to go forged rods....so I'm thinking I will buy a 7.3 long motor here which is 7 grand then I will strip that down an build one from scratch....with billet crowed rod....chrome moly push rods....basically put nice strong stuff in it....I'm luck enough to have landed a good paying job in the mines here in Australia....so money isn't to much of a problem!!!

I was looking at this site for some of my engine components....what are they like....I was thinking there mini me injectors...tooo.

http://www.ronstruckandauto.com/perf.../73engine.html
Old 10-02-2011, 06:33 PM

Man sounds like you got it laid out pretty good. Swamp's, Bean's, Rosewood, and Casserly all seem to have pretty good reputations for injectors. Depending on how big an injector you go for you'll need more oil.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah I was thinking of going the stealth pump seems like a nice piece of equipment.....I just want something strong that an beat these annoying GM cars called Holdens down here....and nothing better than doing it in a 3 tonne truck haha!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:44 AM
Govy Magnet

Well you better show those Holdens what a 3 TON truck can do Just busting your chops man lol, I know its all different, tyres etc. Anyway! As far as the HPOP goes I have heard that the SRP1 is a better choice over the stealth pump. I may be mistaken but I will let someone else chime in.

~Phil
Old 10-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Haha....cheer Phil....all they say down here is LS1 this LS3 this....god I hate them with a passion...haha! As for HPOP I will look at all options just want relible 450....maybe now 550 :-).
Old 10-04-2011, 06:41 AM

imho, get the rods, then hybrids, then turbo. or all at once if you want. even if your replacing the motor, a blown one leaving you stranded is no fun...

we have some good Aussie friends in the family, nice to see some on the ORG too. i didnt know they made 05 7.3's anywhere, thats awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
7.3, mods, power, turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.