Quick question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Cj Ford Send a message via Yahoo to Cj Ford
Quick question

Ok I was out being a tool in my truck today and well I slipped the Southbend con ofe pretty good, it made a bit of smoke and you could smell clutch.... think it will effect the way that clutch was performing?do you think 1 time is enough to glaze it and have it be junk...(i dont but someone who thinks they know everything about everything said oh it is junk now it will never grab like it use to) this is the first and only time I slipped it since it has been in less then 2 months... it feels normal still

sorry if you think this is a dumb question but im jus curious as to if i just baffed it being a retard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2007, 10:33 PM

btt for the dayshift
Old 08-22-2007, 10:56 PM
PIPE HITTER

I would not think one time would hurt anything. I used to have a car that I ran at the track, and there were a few times I would slip the clutch trying to get outta the hole, and when I did, I just took it easy down the track, let the car sit and cool down, and then all was well.

I would not at all expect that you would see a problem. If you slipped it a whole bunch, with out giving it a brake at all, then I would say damage would be possible. But a one time thing, I'd say you good
Old 08-23-2007, 05:18 PM

On my 99 the first time I pulled a sled with it, I slipped my clutch really really really bad. I let it cool down and pulled with it again maybe 15 minutes later and it held pretty good in fact its still holding
Old 08-23-2007, 05:20 PM
The Fat Mod

I would not worry about it too much
Old 08-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Premium Member

Dont worry, i taught my sister how to drive a manual mustang, it was tough and very hard on the clutch, but it still grabs good.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:01 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredpowerstroke View Post
On my 99 the first time I pulled a sled with it, I slipped my clutch really really really bad. I let it cool down and pulled with it again maybe 15 minutes later and it held pretty good in fact its still holding

well i was kinda sled pulling i guess you could say too

I hooked to a friends chebby 1500 4x4 Z71 pick up and drug him around on dry pavement using 2nd gear, not including the creeper gear..I normally wouldn't do something like this but it was a total call out on his part. it was a well my 4x4 could out drag that diesel if I'm in low range 4wheel drive.... so after I told him he was a FAWKTARD I decided to do it, everyone had a good laugh as he was spinning in forward as I drug him backwards (1 front wheel and one rear guess he has open diffs)..I kinda cheated as I had about 600lbs of steel plate in the bed too... so I got calky and then tried to do it in third ... well it did it but that's what caused the smoke and smell...I wont try that again Ill stick to 2nd
Old 08-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Rice Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj Ford View Post
well i was kinda sled pulling i guess you could say too

I hooked to a friends chebby 1500 4x4 Z71 pick up and drug him around on dry pavement using 2nd gear, not including the creeper gear..I normally wouldn't do something like this but it was a total call out on his part. it was a well my 4x4 could out drag that diesel if I'm in low range 4wheel drive.... so after I told him he was a FAWKTARD I decided to do it, everyone had a good laugh as he was spinning in forward as I drug him backwards (1 front wheel and one rear guess he has open diffs)..I kinda cheated as I had about 600lbs of steel plate in the bed too... so I got calky and then tried to do it in third ... well it did it but that's what caused the smoke and smell...I wont try that again Ill stick to 2nd
HEY,,,,,YA THINK YOUR BUDDY WOULD LIKE TO COME ALONG TO THE MEET & GREET?? THIS WOULD BE FUN!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 07:43 PM

I swear he is retarded!! It started cause I was telling a few guys at work how my truck pulled like a freight train with the 6 speed its un real.. well I guess he wanted to see for himself...

I bet we would need a few sets of tires for him and lots of this goin on :burnout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.