Graduated from college. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Graduated from college.

So I graduated from NAIT. from the Computer network administration program. gonna be looking for a job soon to get my foot in the IT door. I had to sit through 8 months of people trying to understand my addiction to hot rodded diesel trucks. ( they drive little compact cars and trucks I would not call trucks). Now as soon as I get enough money I plan on picking up my own Powerstroke. I want a 7.3 hands down. I would go for a 6.0 but there a little more pricey on insurance.

Up here in edmonton because of the 6.4 and 6.7 there are a ton of used diesels on the market. for around 12-16k is what I am looking at for getting new truck.

Now the question is how much power can the block take reliably.....
how do i get this thing to 10's

just cause there is a 10.85 second dodge in town and hes starting to call out ferrari's and lambos I think he needs some one his own size to fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2007, 05:15 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Look for a 99-2000 as it has forged rods. You can probobly run 500 rwhp with the stock rods, but your talking lots of money to get to that kind of hp
Old 08-20-2007, 05:30 AM
Big Daddy!

You will get more speed out of the 6.0 than the 7.3. The 7.3 will end up being more reliable I believe though, and it will depend greatly on the year and miles on the 6.0. You will most likely spend around 1000 to 1500 just to get a 7.3 to keep up with a stock 6.0. This is just from what I have read on the forums here, but it seems to be the concensus. Good luck man! OH, also good luck in the IT field. I have been in to for over 18 years now, and I LOVE it!!! I am currently a Senior Network consultant for Honeywell International. I design networks for Refinies, and large Plants. The market is OPEN! no matter what ANYONE tells you Certs are more important that a degree, UNLESS you plan on going into management! Cisco, and CISSP are the HOTTEST things going right now! LEARN ALL you can from ANYONE, or ANYWHERE you can! Buy the books, Buy infrastructure and build a home lab! It is an investment. Talk with Rodslinger as well, He is a Big Wig IT guy!

Old 08-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

bull **** on the 1000 to 1500 i have spent 600 and that 6.0 is left in the dust now the 6.0 with 600 would blow the 7.3 doors off if this makes any since it comes stock with 75 more hp than 7.3
Old 08-20-2007, 04:20 PM

Send a message via ICQ to jlindsey Send a message via AIM to jlindsey Send a message via MSN to jlindsey
Here in lil ole nm. I have had two senior network engineering jobs, I currently have no certs. Just a side note.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Congrats on graduating man. A PSD would be a heck of a grad present to yourself
Old 08-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpower99 View Post
bull **** on the 1000 to 1500 i have spent 600 and that 6.0 is left in the dust now the 6.0 with 600 would blow the 7.3 doors off if this makes any since it comes stock with 75 more hp than 7.3
No not really! Maybe he should rephrase it to you will need to spend that kind of money to get there safely ie yes you can get there with just a tuner or chip but gauges really are a mod you should really consider to run the tuner and be safe or at least you have the option of being safe.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Big Daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindsey View Post
Here in lil ole nm. I have had two senior network engineering jobs, I currently have no certs. Just a side note.
I have had plenty of Senior Jobs without Certs, but I am now I am making 6 figures, and that more often than not takes something to back it up. That is all I was saying. Like I said I have been in the industry many years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.