CPS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 08:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CPS

I am sure this topic has been brought up in the past but I cannot figure out how to use the Search function with any accurancy.

I am looking to get a new CPS to try and see if that solves my stalling problem, I also just want to have a back up due to a long trip coming soon. I understand through Dieselorings.com that the new Ford recall "grey" ones are no good. They lead to cylinder failure and rough idles.

Where have you guys found to buy ones that actually work? I need one soon. Will my parts store have one? Will I need to go in and ask for the OBS CPS made by International?

Kyle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I was needing one not to long ago. I just went up to my International dealer and asked for a cps for a t444e. He brought me out a black one and it only cost me like $23 out the door.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Do you have a part number for the International part?
Old 08-26-2011, 06:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well, FIRST, there's really nothing wrong with a Grey one, there are TONS of trucks (in fact probably Most are) running one by now

Here's the theory on why the older ones might be better for you.... -> Black, Grey, & Dark Blue Cam Position Sensor Perdels Test - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Second, your truck sometimes stalls when it comes to idle down? That doesn't sound like a CPS to me.... A bad CPS will typically shut down the engine (especially when it gets hot) and leave you stranded as you're driving down the road. Then, after it cools-off for 10-15 mins, it will restart and run fine, sometimes for weeks!

Has the SES light come on at all? Have you pulled a CPS code from the PCM?

Get a cheap gray one, try it, see if it solves your problem. Then, if you really want, put back the old one and carry the gray in the glovebox as a spare (along with the tools to change it)
Old 08-26-2011, 07:32 AM

Thanks for all the help. I am going by what I have read on forums. My truck will actually die sometimes while getting off the throttle and slowing down. I am able to put it in nuetral quick and restart it fine. I have no check engine light. Is it bad for the truck having the #3 and #8 cylinder not working like they say the grey one causing, lose of power and such?
Old 08-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I've searched all over on the internet for the old black CPS...anyone know where I can find one online?
Old 08-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Black, Grey, & Dark Blue Cam Position Sensor Perdels Test - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Old 08-27-2011, 06:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had read that article, it has a lot of good info and that's why I'm on a hunt for a black CPS!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Old 08-31-2011, 11:50 AM

Not quite sure about the black ones. I gave the international part number to the international dealer and he said he had them, come to find out he translated that number to the new one which is the dark blue one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.