Some random ovbservations adding 2 stoke oil - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Some random ovbservations adding 2 stoke oil

First time using Supertech. Ive heard good things about this, so I tried it. First, I didn't notice anything until I got on the hwy a few miles...the engine is more quiet, I def noticed that. Seems smoother at idle, and while rolling into the throttle. Something that surprised me though, I make this same 75 mile trip about 3 times a week, and the ambient temp have been the same, but on this one loop I take after 50 miles of freeway, I have to slow down enough for the TC to unlock, and then get back up to speed. But this time the fan clutch disengaged ALOT sooner than normal....which tells me its running cooler. A nice plus. This will be a part of my normal fill up from now on, its cheap, and effective, and can't hurt anything at 128:1 ratio. Also, there was no difference in MPG...no big deal though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by highrpm View Post
First time using Supertech. Ive heard good things about this, so I tried it. First, I didn't notice anything until I got on the hwy a few miles...the engine is more quiet, I def noticed that. Seems smoother at idle, and while rolling into the throttle. Something that surprised me though, I make this same 75 mile trip about 3 times a week, and the ambient temp have been the same, but on this one loop I take after 50 miles of freeway, I have to slow down enough for the TC to unlock, and then get back up to speed. But this time the fan clutch disengaged ALOT sooner than normal....which tells me its running cooler. A nice plus. This will be a part of my normal fill up from now on, its cheap, and effective, and can't hurt anything at 128:1 ratio. Also, there was no difference in MPG...no big deal though.
So you just added a quart of Supertech 2 stroke right into the tank after the fillup?
Old 08-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

To ensure a good mix, I am going to add 16oz after about 16 gallons and then the other 16oz at full, and maybe a splash of diesel to wash it down the filler neck. I bought a handfull of the 16oz bottles for convienence, but they sell it in the gallon jug also.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:51 PM

i add about a quart to a tank full and i noticed a big difference. its super smooth at idle plus the engine is quieter.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:25 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
I am a fan of this as well in my 7.3. I started with a quart and noticed a differance. Then I added almost half gallon and some diesel clean. Major postive differance.

It is not nessisary to run that much. I was just dealing with a motor that hasnt had anything but diesel ran through it since 1999.

Going foward I will put about a qt in!
Old 08-10-2011, 01:36 PM

hell maybe i should try to run striaght 2cycle and see what happens
j/k
when i got my truck out the shop getting a bunch of things fixed the damm 2cycle oil made the biggest difference in how the truck ran.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:02 PM

Guess ill be trying this
Old 08-10-2011, 05:45 PM

this is so hard to believe but im going to try it so do you do it every time u fill up?
Old 08-10-2011, 06:32 PM

I'm gunna try it too! So the regular old walmart stuff is fine?
Old 08-10-2011, 06:49 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispaine View Post
I'm gunna try it too! So the regular old walmart stuff is fine?
$12.99 a gallon and yes it is fine. You can run a quart in your tank, you can run a gallon (might be a waste). If you have a 38 gallon tank, I would put 2 qts in. All good!

Remember, all this is doing is lubing your injectors (why they shut up on this). It doesn’t boost cetane, has no detergents, and will not help with anti gel. Just lube (which is the most important unless it is cold)

This is an affordable lube. I still think Opti Lube XPD is the best all round add.....I know everyone has their favorites, I just like the facts.

Last edited by Galaxie; 08-10-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Cant spell worth ****....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.