Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2001 Ex Cab Buy it? 4400

883 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  JEL 
#1 ·
2001 Ex Cab, long box 4x4 auto with 7.3. It's a F-350 with the heavy GVW. AC Power everything, cloth seats and rubber floors. 226,000. Bone stock truck. 4400 bucks. Worth it? What do i need to look for on the truck?:dunno:

Thanks Guys!

#3 ·
Well I want it. I just wanted some input as to what to look for on these trucks when they get the higher miles.

#4 ·
And opinions are always helpful! Feel free to give the thumbs up or down guys, i won't get my feelings hurt, just trying to make up my mind is all! :thumb: I've never been a ford guy really... help me change my mind :woot:

#5 ·
Yes, it's the controversial powerstrokehelp guy. But he has a pretty good section on buying a used truck. If you watch all 4 parts of his video and write down all the things he covers, I guarantee you will end up checking more things than if you just look at whatever comes to mind when you are there. Maybe you will also find some reasons to lower the price.

Here is part one.

#6 ·
buy it dude. 4400 is NOTHING even if it had 300k on it. look in the valley for oil leaks. look at the air filter. check that oil. an tranny fluid

#7 ·
Update. I offered 3500 and he accepted. Got an oil leak out of the pan. Tranny fluid is clean and not burnt. But it's got a clicking noise in first gear under throttle. not in any other gear, and only under throttle. Sounds like it's coming from the tranny but i can't quite tell... :dunno:

I figure i can't go wrong for 3500 though! :thumb:

#8 ·
nice score!! POST SOME PICS!!!

#9 ·
good buy bro lets see some pics when you get a second

#10 ·
Man even with the oil leak and 300k I would have bought it in a second at that price, great buy. The tranny thing could be that 2001 diode, I'm not sure what all it entails as I drive a manual, but hopefully others will chime in. I believe there is an oil pan repair kit as well, but it's very possible the leak is the dipstick tube or even the oil drain bolt. I had a leak at the drain bolt when I was using copper washers instead of the nylons, for some reason it just wanted to leak with anything but nylon, easy fix though.:icon_ford:

oh yeah....

:worthless[1]:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.