towing weight diffwerences between a 250 and 350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
towing weight diffwerences between a 250 and 350

what is the difference in towable weight from the f 250 and f 350?i know the f250 is 13400.so a 14k fifth wheel will do.or should i get a 20k fifth wheel so when i get a 350 dulliey it will work for theew truck also ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2011, 05:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

are you talking about the hitch? If you plan on getting a drw get the bigger hitch so you will not have to buy a new one in the future.

f250 and f350 srw can be the same, check the door sticker. there is a 8800 and a 9900 lbs version. This will give you an idea of the pin weight you can put on the truck legally
Old 07-15-2011, 06:06 AM
The Silent Service

The F250 and F350 SRW's are rated to tow the same weight, the issue you run into with the F250 is the rear GAWR and spring capacity.

If you're in the market for the 5th-wheel hitch, I'd recommend buying the heavier unit as long as the additional wieght isn't an issue now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.