Ford AIS, zoodad or no zoodad? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 07:08 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford AIS, zoodad or no zoodad?

I just purchased an ais itake system. I have not installed it yet, but I am wondering about the zoodad mod. I bought the foam fender sleve for more air flow, so do I need to do the zoodad mod also. If I dont will I get enough air flow, and does it really make that big of an increase in air flow by doing the mod?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Without a second thought, YES do it, you'll need to use a little window screen to keep the bugs out but it helps a ton, there is no reason why you shouldn't do it.

I hope i answered your question... You can see it's in my Sig...
Old 07-09-2011, 12:54 PM

Well.... if anyone tells you they can feel a noticeable difference after the Zoodad, they are BSing you. It's just placebo. With that being said... it is a good idea in theory. So, why not I guess?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo250 View Post
Well.... if anyone tells you they can feel a noticeable difference after the Zoodad, they are BSing you. It's just placebo. With that being said... it is a good idea in theory. So, why not I guess?
Well seeing you run a DIY and not a Ford AIS I would like to explain that with the Ford system you have a monster snorkel ending within an inch of the header panel causing it to suck air from below the headlights, the Zoodad eliminates that section of header panel giving it access to the front cross section right beside the radiator and just above the exterior temp sensor on lariat models creating an almost ram air affect at highway speed.

I will admit that I have never dyno'd for "performance gains" of the little mod, but common sense should tell you in this situation it helps any time you're moving forward.

I did the zoodad mod to my friends stock '05 6.0 and he will tell you right now his turbo is louder inside the cab on a completely stock truck just because the stock systems have the snorkel ending right behind the header panel creating resistance.

I will take pics if you like.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:07 PM

Yeah, I still have a piece of the stock airbox in place. The snorkel piece you are talking about is still in place on mine, the only difference with mine is it rams straight towards the 6637 filter. I have the Zoodad done and I didn't notice anything with the stock Ford box or the DIY. Maybe the AIS is different, I don't know, but it's just my opinion that it will never be a noticeable mod. It's a mod that theoretically is a good idea; if it helps anything at all, great, if not, no big deal.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1laf View Post
Without a second thought, YES do it, you'll need to use a little window screen to keep the bugs out but it helps a ton, there is no reason why you shouldn't do it.

I hope i answered your question... You can see it's in my Sig...
Where can I purchase the Ford ais? Thx.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:54 PM

I bought mine from dieselpowerproducts.com. I think the cost on the system is 269. and around 303. if you have an early 99. They also have the foam fender sleve available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.