BFG AT KO or michelin LTX AT 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 07:40 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BFG AT KO or michelin LTX AT 2

Like the title says, im looking for input on bfg at ko's and michelin ltx at 2's. it sounds like these two tires both last a long time, longer than nitto's. but they're expensive. I drive mostly on the highway, im looking for a good highway tire that does well in snow (i hunt, fish, ect but no mudding or anything wild).

So, what kind of mileage changes have these tires had on trucks? What kind of life do people see with them? how is the road noise and performance? any input and i am not close minded, ill entertain other suggestions but these two tires caught my eye.

Thoughts?

Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I love BFG, but if you are worried about mileage, go with the LTX. I also had them and wow did they last a long time. very strong and smooth driving tire, just the tread is not for off road at all.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scadamso View Post
I love BFG, but if you are worried about mileage, go with the LTX. I also had them and wow did they last a long time. very strong and smooth driving tire, just the tread is not for off road at all.
Did you drive in snow with the michelins? how bad are they off road? did you lose mileage when you switched, if so how much?
Old 07-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I drove in snow tons when i had them. 2 years I had them in Prince George BC. Winter 6 months of the year. Throw a little weight in the truck and they were a good AT tire. Not the same as a snow tire though.

I found if you were in any amount of snow 5-6 inches and more, they were not as good as a beefy AT, but it all depneds on what conditions you drive in.

Regarding off road. They are a good tire. I have had 2 sets of them now and never had a flat. I drove them lots on forest service roads and light off roading. If you are in sloppy stuff, they will clog up just as any other mild mannered tread.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scadamso View Post
I drove in snow tons when i had them. 2 years I had them in Prince George BC. Winter 6 months of the year. Throw a little weight in the truck and they were a good AT tire. Not the same as a snow tire though.

I found if you were in any amount of snow 5-6 inches and more, they were not as good as a beefy AT, but it all depneds on what conditions you drive in.

Regarding off road. They are a good tire. I have had 2 sets of them now and never had a flat. I drove them lots on forest service roads and light off roading. If you are in sloppy stuff, they will clog up just as any other mild mannered tread.
any noticeable gain or loss of average mileage? i keep hearing michelins are better on fuel but nobody can verify that real world. i drive 60 miles round trip to work everyday so its pretty important. and living in northwest iowa i see a lot of snow, not like BC tho!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I went from the LTX to a more agressive AT made by Big O. Lower quality tire and I did get worse mileage. Fuel and K's out of the tire. The LTX, I would say is the best on the market for lasting. They blew the crap out of my BFG AT's, like, they lasted half again as long.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I don't have a clue about the two your interested in but seeing your running the Firestone Transforce AT's which my dad runs on his superduty i'd suggest GoodYear Silent Armor Pro Grades.
I ran those and i liked them much better than the Firestones, better dry traction, really good in rain and light snow and quiet as a mouse.
I switched to the DC's Because I like having the chance to fight my way out of the mud that the others didn't give me...
Old 07-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Love the bumper dude!
Old 07-08-2011, 06:42 AM

Thanks man, I love your signature quote. That would be me....
Old 07-08-2011, 09:10 AM

a while back i was looking at the goodyear SilentArmor Pro grade. They got great reviews but they are pricey. I liked the BFG AT's i bought twice. but the last 50% of the tread life was worthless. at least that was my expirience. wanted something off-roadable, quiet-ish, and last longer that the BFG's i had.

just ran across these: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....autoModel=F350 4wd Super Duty&autoModClar=

FWIW

Last edited by ridiculously_necessary; 07-08-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.