Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Brake Control Wiring Question

773 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  kap504 
#1 ·
My 99 came with a tow package but it only has the 4 pin connector. I am installing a brake control and got the wire harness for a 99 with it. My question is when I went to plug in the new harness I found something plugged into the port already. There is no brake controller in the truck now nor a 7 pin connector. Am I looking at the right one? What I am seeing is just to the right of the steering wheel under the dash. The wire that is plugged in there is definitely factory and runs into a huge bundle of wires. Any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
Pull the panel under the steering column. Look to the right side and you should see a metal bracket. You should be able to see the plug you need through one of the holes in the metal piece. It will have a green, red, blue, and white wire. It is attached with a plastic piece and the plug should be facing rearward. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.