Radio won't shut off - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Radio won't shut off

And the wipers and the windows will work with the ignition off. Tried the wd40 in the door latches but to no avail. Seems that others have had this problem but with no definite answer. Someone please help. If I had hair I would pull it out!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2011, 04:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to STRKTHS73
happen to my 02 dealer said it was my ignition switch the the truck never saw it time out so everything would stay on but the engine would shut off idk if they were blowin smoke up my ace or what i was only 18 at the time so i was like sure makes perfect sense idk if they were right or what but they fixed it
Old 07-01-2011, 04:54 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
leave the truck alone for 10 minutes. Go back to it, and see if the wipers still work/the radio is still on. The GEM module will shut down electronics after several minutes regardless of the door position as long as the key is off-opening the door will turn it off immediately. If you go back to the truck and the radio is still on, then something (likely ignition) is keeping the gem alive. If everything is off, you have a bad door switch.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:04 PM

Was on after 10 minutes. But I have fixed the problem. Seems to be a problem with f150 and super duty trucks. There is a purple wire that runs along the sill to the c pillar that corrodes and shorts out. Fixed wire and no problems. Thanks to all that helped!!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:16 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Where exactly is this wire?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:11 PM

Would it shut off if you opened another door? I have a crew cab and it took me a while before I noticed this happening because I always had passengers. First time driving alone, I opened the door and the radio didn't shut off. I played with the ignition a bit because I have had cars that you could pull the key out when they weren't all the way off, or even still running for that matter, but nothing happened. If one of the other doors opens, everything shuts down.

I'm going to guess that the previous owner did something to mine because there is no anoying dinging when the key is still in the ignition, and there also isn't a seatbelt chime THANK GOODNESS!!! If these are all related, I can live with simply turning my radio off or down everytime I get out to avoid all the annoying chimes!! Mine still turns off after 10 minutes so not a big deal until I install a system and you can hear my music after I get out.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:24 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
My wifes Mustang has this issue. Glad you fixed yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.