Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

fuel filter

836 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  onecrazyblackredenck 
#1 ·
how often do you change the fuel filter? I am about to change my oil with some rotella, I am about to turn 99000. What else should I do as far a maintaince right now at this point?

#2 ·
fuel filter should be done every 15k...

trans every 30k, as well as green coolant. Its never a bad idea to change your powersteering fluid out, or service the transfercase or diffs if they have never been done...

#3 ·
since I dont know if the tranny fluid has ever been changed I probablly shouldnt fool with though right? That is what I have always thought anyway.

#5 ·
I agree with Marc on the replacing the filter, and draining the torque converter and I would put in a good name brand Synthetic oil that is made for your transmission.

#6 ·
how do u change the filter? the fluid looks good. i will see the filter as soon as i take the pan off right? i am thinking about getting a different valve body ithink it is called the grid that fluid flows through so i might wait until then to replace all the fluid since i will have to drop the pan anyway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.