Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

fuel regulator???????????

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  F-350MAN 
#1 ·
O.K. who has shimmed they're fuel regulator and how do you like it and how hard is to do? does it make a big differance? if anyone has any pics can we see them. with the fuel price on the rise again we need to do as much as possible. I hear oil is gonna be 100.00+ a barrell and we could be pretty close to $5.00 a gallon. thats what I'm hearing anyway.

#2 ·
#3 ·
I did the shim and like Willy said it was only a little difference. If you want a big difference go with the ITP regulated return or something similar. That made a big difference in MPG and efficiency for me. Plus it is alot easier to tune the fuel pressure.

#4 ·
how much diff did it make in mpg.

#5 ·
Yeah, how much differance? say with just the shim? I don't know how true but a buddy said he was gettin about 600 miles to a full tank :rolleyes:....... Are you guys anywhere near that?

#8 ·
I get 650 miles out of a tank without trying that hard.
I was thinking about doing this mod also, keep the opinions coming!

later
chris

#10 ·
Now that sounds good how about some more info. install,price,etc....

#12 ·
Thanks, good info Price wasn't as bad as I was thinking I think I will follow up more on it :thumb:

#15 ·
as much as I hate to admit it,, I will probably need instructions.:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.