EBPV delete question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EBPV delete question

I have been doing some reading on the site and have found many times where the question that if you gut the EBPV actuator and plug the hole with a bolt and replace the cover that it could create a low flow of oil to the turbo and cause it to burn out but I could not find anywhere where someone said that they have done this and not had any long term effects on the turbo. I am wondering if this is safe to do? Also what if the electric valve that controls the flow of oil to the EBPV malfunctions and lets oil fill that housing will there still be enough flow to the turbo under high revs and loads? I need to use my truck in a couple days and just found out that actuator is leaking so I took it apart and did this mod but I don't want to have to redo this at a later date because it sucks to get the turbo clamps to release. Is this mod safe to run long term or is it bettter to get a new pedistal without the EBPV actuator. Sorry this is so long I appreciate your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It's been a few years now, but as I remember we gutted the EBPV from the pedestal, used a plug, maybe a freeze plug in the old hole, and put it back together. At the diesel shop where I'm at that was a common way to do it. Some guys would get the pedestal just because it was a cleaner and easier install. I never had any problems w/mine or heard of any w/that install.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
no problems here, its been over a year, and btw unplug the ebpv plug from your pedestal if you havent, that will make sure it doesnt affect oil flow.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:34 AM

OK well I am going to install it this way and hope it don't fry the turbo. If it hasn't hurt your guys turbos yet it is probably just fine thanks for your input.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:38 AM

I had mine done a couple of months ago w/ no problems so far
Old 06-23-2011, 11:58 AM

Got it all back together took it for a drive and all seems good no leaks and turbo spins for probably 4 seconds after I shut off the engine so it must be getting plenty of oil to the bearing and shaft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.