Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

bad, bad, bad, bad news.....

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  colo86GN 
#1 ·
So, I've written a few times on here about my engine rebuild that i was hoping was going to be done by this weekend. Turns out the motor i bought to rebuild is a piece of S**T. So I buy this motor from this guy who claims and swears up and down it has 60,xxx miles on it, so we crack it open yesterday and the motor looks like it has 300,xxx miles on it. (Take into consideration i paid 2,000 for this complete motor from turbo to pan. So now, I have to start all over again.
Hopefully i think i found a block in town. At least this motor has the good rods in it, one plus. I guess enough of my drama, now just a question...
I was looking at diesel direct's web page and I'm looking for a set of pistons and i noticed they had a set for about 550. Does that seem right to you guys?? And they offer pistons that are lower compression aftermarket turbo charger pistons for another 300. I already bought a ball buster for it, studs, the works, thinking i had a good builder block.
Sorry for all the writing, just completely pissed off right now how bad i got taken on a SUPPOSABLY low miles motor.
Any suggestions on the pistons would be much appreciated.
:censord:

#2 ·
Did i forget to mention how incredibly pissed off i am????

I think i left that part out.

:censord: :why-me: :censord:

#3 ·
wow... I woudl be too!!! Hopefully that won't set you back too far and you'll be up and running in no time...

as far as internals and anything to do with them, I have no idea... but here's a bump for ya

#5 ·
If that man said it only had 60,000 miles on it and it turned out to be a crap I think I would take it back to him and ask for your money back. $2000.00 is a lot of money to just throw away. Or at least to me it is.

#7 ·
the only problem is this f**k** lives 150 miles away... and i bought it from a private seller. He seemed broke as it was... he's not going to give me any money back... I really doubt he would have it to give back. He just seemed like one of those people that... i don't know, bad feeling.

#8 ·
You could have had a built short block from Diesel Inovations for $3500 with no core...

#12 ·
Thanks!!! Everyone on here has been nothing but helpful with my build up.. and my issues along the way!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.