bad, bad, bad, bad news..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bad, bad, bad, bad news.....

So, I've written a few times on here about my engine rebuild that i was hoping was going to be done by this weekend. Turns out the motor i bought to rebuild is a piece of S**T. So I buy this motor from this guy who claims and swears up and down it has 60,xxx miles on it, so we crack it open yesterday and the motor looks like it has 300,xxx miles on it. (Take into consideration i paid 2,000 for this complete motor from turbo to pan. So now, I have to start all over again.
Hopefully i think i found a block in town. At least this motor has the good rods in it, one plus. I guess enough of my drama, now just a question...
I was looking at diesel direct's web page and I'm looking for a set of pistons and i noticed they had a set for about 550. Does that seem right to you guys?? And they offer pistons that are lower compression aftermarket turbo charger pistons for another 300. I already bought a ball buster for it, studs, the works, thinking i had a good builder block.
Sorry for all the writing, just completely pissed off right now how bad i got taken on a SUPPOSABLY low miles motor.
Any suggestions on the pistons would be much appreciated.
:censord:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2007, 06:48 PM

Did i forget to mention how incredibly pissed off i am????

I think i left that part out.

:censord: :censord:
Old 08-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
wow... I woudl be too!!! Hopefully that won't set you back too far and you'll be up and running in no time...

as far as internals and anything to do with them, I have no idea... but here's a bump for ya
Old 08-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Banned

6.9/7.3 diesel engine overhaul kits available

see the above... From your local ford dealer...at 1100-1400 dollars or so...

kits include, pistons, main bearings, rings, all gaskets, basically everything but cam and rod bearings....and those are probably ok...
Old 08-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Serving Our Country!

If that man said it only had 60,000 miles on it and it turned out to be a crap I think I would take it back to him and ask for your money back. $2000.00 is a lot of money to just throw away. Or at least to me it is.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:27 PM
The Fat Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post

kits include, pistons, main bearings, rings, all gaskets, basically everything but cam and rod bearings....and those are probably ok...

I was getting ready to post the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40 View Post
If that man said it only had 60,000 miles on it and it turned out to be a crap I think I would take it back to him and ask for your money back. $2000.00 is a lot of money to just throw away. Or at least to me it is.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:32 PM

the only problem is this f**k** lives 150 miles away... and i bought it from a private seller. He seemed broke as it was... he's not going to give me any money back... I really doubt he would have it to give back. He just seemed like one of those people that... i don't know, bad feeling.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:37 PM

You could have had a built short block from Diesel Inovations for $3500 with no core...
Old 08-15-2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post

Hey Marc,
Just wanted to thank you for the advice on the master overhaul kit from Ford. I went and bought it today for 950 straight from Ford. It's an awesome and complte kit, very satisfied.

And thanks to everyone's help on this site! Best site by far and the nicest people!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo86GN View Post
Hey Marc,
Just wanted to thank you for the advice on the master overhaul kit from Ford. I went and bought it today for 950 straight from Ford. It's an awesome and complte kit, very satisfied.

And thanks to everyone's help on this site! Best site by far and the nicest people!
Glad we could help...

as far as that price goes...WOW...out here my cost on that is 940....u got a heck of a deal from the dealer you baught it from...cause 940 here is 10% over cost plus tax!!! There are slightly different pricing matrixes acrossed the country..but not that much. The guy that sold that to you hooked you up!!! It took ford a while to come out with that, but it is an amazingly complete overhaul kit!! Glad your happy with it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.