Mpg's??? what you guys getting??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mpg's??? what you guys getting???

Im sure there is a thread about this already.... but i wanted to see what kind of mileage you guys are getting im completely stock with a boost fooler and i have a 6 speed manual. i just got about 400ish miles to 28 gallons of diesel what are you guys getting because i know hwy mileage i pull around 470 to a tank... this sound normal to you guys??? let me know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

There are a lot of variables. Good question, but to be a good comparison we all would have to drive roughly the same speed under the same conditions. I would say that yes I am going about the same distance as you per tank. I have hit the 500 miles per tank 28 gallons I think. To do that you have to work at it, first it can only be done on the HWY. Try to average 75mph, when going downhill let the truck get up to 80 mph, when going uphill let it slow to 70 mph. I have done this traveling from Georgia to Arkansas. So you have an idea of the grades I am referring to nothing drastic. Running 80 mph I would only go around 400 miles per tank. Any body getting better than this I would like to know how? My truck was stock when I did this. Now I have DIY 6637, not taken any long trips yet, but seems to be getting at least .5 mpg better.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

awesome just the answer i was lookin for
appreciate it man i was just wondering since it being stock i thought that, that wasnt too bad lol
Old 06-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Emergency Services

Before I got my DP Tuner with the mods listed in my sig i was getting about 12-13 city, 14 or so mixed and about 15 on the highway @ 65. With my new DP Tuner in 80E i got 17 city and i have not been able to do a mixed or pure highway tank yet. Hope this helped.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

around town with w light foot i'm getting between 11 and 12 mpg. Best i ever did was a trip from LA to Phoenix and i averaged just above 18 mpg with cruise control the hole way at 65 mph. And that Drive is mostly flat ground.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i've got 22mpg on a long highway trip, bed loaded down too, so i weighed as much as a cclb lol.(bout 8k or so)
Old 06-21-2011, 02:13 AM

Dietoremain, I see you have several mods, did you have all of them when you got the 22 mpg? Did you do the mods all at once or in stages? Which one do you feel helped your mpg's the most?
Old 06-21-2011, 02:18 AM
Banned

14-16MPG usually, did 22 when I went to oregon.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:59 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
With my mods below and my chip on 80hp DD 95% of the time, I am averaging 18.45 mpg, over 18mpg the last 4 fill-ups!

Best way to calculate your mileage is to fill it up ALL THE WAY, not when the pump clicks off, but until you see the fuel (not foam) in the filler-neck. Run 100-200miles, (or next fillup,) fill up all the way again, to the neck, and divide miles by gallons.

The fuel gauge, and the overhead displays are inaccurate. I can go 130ish miles before the needlestarts to drop.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post
With my mods below and my chip on 80hp DD 95% of the time, I am averaging 18.45 mpg, over 18mpg the last 4 fill-ups!

Best way to calculate your mileage is to fill it up ALL THE WAY, not when the pump clicks off, but until you see the fuel (not foam) in the filler-neck. Run 100-200miles, (or next fillup,) fill up all the way again, to the neck, and divide miles by gallons.

The fuel gauge, and the overhead displays are inaccurate. I can go 130ish miles before the needlestarts to drop.

I love that part! I fulled up Sunday morning and have gone 70+ miles and the gauge still says I'm full! It is a little annoying sitting there clicking and clicking and clicking until it finally reaches full but oh well.

Haven't calculated fuel lately but I was averaging 15 - 18. It's probably worse now since the windows are usually down and I tend to put my foot in it a little more now that I can hear more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.