Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

price right?

912 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  josh.williams506 
#1 ·
Looking at an 01 f250 ext cab 4wd 6 spd with 168000 on it. He's asking 13000 is that a fair price and what do I need to look for to make sure I ain't throwing 13k in a money pit

#2 ·
Major oil leaks, shifting smoothly, oil change intervals, other maintenance done properly, any major problems in the past, etc. Pretty much the same thing that you need to ask for all diesels.

13k is a pretty fair price it seems. Especially if it is a southern truck with no rust. If it was taken care of then it will not be a money pit.

#3 ·
There's hardly any body rust that I saw. It looks like there's a small leak at the rear main but I've been told it could be the turbo pedestal. The body and interior are flawless. The guy said he's always changes the oil every 5k miles but that's all he's ever done that it hasn't needed anything else. Im kinda wary of that?

#4 ·
ASk him how often he changes air and fuel filters,what viscocity and brand of oil,just feel him out.You say the interior is nice,body is nice,the truck sounds like its been taken care of,you can tell. good luck:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.