Good location for a much needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2006, 03:06 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good location for a much needed

trans cooler. In anticipation of my problems with over heating being correct i am wanting to add a trans cooler to my truck in addition to my stock cooler. Any suggestions of brand, size, location and or any other suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Power Strokeaholic

mine's geting a cooler from 6.0. it dwarf's our punny stock unit.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Hey there Bill, SuperStroke,
On the site posted on the last Tranny thread, www.transmissioncenter.com or what ever it was, they had Aux Coolers from $55 to $75 Hayden and Derale.
You must have given it some thought.. It looks to me these would be good to put in Series with the Stock one we have... What do you think? And Location?...

Thanks in advance, Lone Ranger in Oz... :burnout LOVIN MY 7.3 PSD
Old 05-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Power Strokeaholic

ranger, aldo compare the deminsions of this monster (the one on top) to the one you have now.those are what the 6.0/torque shift have and the one on the bottom is what the V10's have. i got the cooler for free so there wasn't much to think about. the only problem with the one i have is it use's 1/2" line where as the stock unit use's 3/8" i think. from the picture it looks like the come with some sort of adater mine didn't so a little adaptation and it'll bolt right in. also you can pick those 6.0 coolers up on ebay for cheap. even the V10 cooler is a step up from the stock cooler.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Power Strokeaholic

edit^^^^ click on '99-'03 4r100 then click on 4r100 cooler's.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:11 PM

Thank you for that SuperStroke... You are talking about replacing the original, in the original location... I was thinking about of an inexpensive one in series. Like in one out and in the other, some additional other location.... A lot cheaper and easier, if you can come up with the location... Ha!

Here out on the Frontier, we are envious of you guys there living right in the middle of the toy store! Everything for us is Ocean Freight or an arm and a leg for air mail. And returns and core charges? Sends you right over the top... Oh well, good with the bad...

Ranger
Old 05-30-2006, 06:21 PM

i am with the ranger on cost issue. my wife would get her panties in such a bunch over the $$425 she would have a permathong. It would take my truck with a chip in performance mode to even pull on the wedgie!

I was thinking of the same in series and was hoping someone had already did the hard work for me.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:13 PM

Aldo,
I have a 45 degree raking down to the rear, crash cage sort of a thing under the radiator, don't know if it is on your U.S. Fords? You can't really see it much but on my garage picture it is the shadow under the bull bar, just under the winch and rakes back down at about the 45 deg. If you have it, I was thinking of spacing it down a little and putting one under that crash ramp cage sort of grill. ???? Ranger in Australia
Old 05-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Power Strokeaholic

$425 is expensive, i picked mine up used for free.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:47 AM

FREE now thats a price within my budget .....Truck is going back to the stealer today but before it makes it there i am going to stop at a fellow v8sho.com members tranny shop for a prediagnosis. Hopefully he will have a suggestion where i can mount it. As far as the 45 angle crash gizmo i have not even really looked under the thing but it sounds like some kind of splash gaurd ....wombat wacker?
I will keep you a breast of what happens.. look on ebay ranger better yet what about a junkyard and just clean it out real well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.