keyless entry keypad - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
keyless entry keypad

I'd like to add a keyless keypad to my 99 f-250. I know they now well stick on key pads that can be programmed like the keyless entry key fobs, and function just like the factory installed key pads. The dealer installed one on my '10 Fusion, and it works great. All the ones I've seen on ebay, etc. all say they are for newer trucks. I wondered if anyone knew if they would work on my truck, or if they make one for the older trucks. Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
You could get an excrusion with keyless entry on the door in 99-01, and the dash harness/gem module will work in the superduty. the keyless entry is keyed into the GEM module, so you need the gem, dash harness from a truck with keyless entry, and keyless entry keypad. So, yes, you can ad it. Make sure the truck you get the gem module out of has similar options-esof, power windows/locks, etc. If not, you'll have a nightmare.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for the response. I don't want to wire in all that stuff your talking about. It sounds pretty tough. My truck has keyless entry. I just wondered if the wireless stick on key pads they sell now would work on my truck.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fireman346
It will work. I just priced one at my local dealer. 70.00 installed with programing. My truck is an 02. The way they talked as long as it had keyless entry these would work.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman346 View Post
It will work. I just priced one at my local dealer. 70.00 installed with programing. My truck is an 02. The way they talked as long as it had keyless entry these would work.
As in local dealer, you mean the Ford dealer or a car audio place? Do you know what brand keypad it was?
Old 06-10-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedombyforce View Post
As in local dealer, you mean the Ford dealer or a car audio place? Do you know what brand keypad it was?
Well I just called my ford dealer and ordered a new factory ford wireless keypad (supposedly all the new vehicles are stick on and wireless) for $85!! He said the service Dept can program it in about 10 min!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I bought one from the dealer and programmed it myself. Its really not that hard to do; before my truck I had an explorer with the keyless entry keypad and it was by far my favorite feature so I had to get it for my truck.
As long as you already have the wireless entry attached to the keys then there shouldn't be any wiring to do. It attaches wherever you want with double sided sticky tape.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Air Assault!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MPTonyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedombyforce View Post
Well I just called my ford dealer and ordered a new factory ford wireless keypad (supposedly all the new vehicles are stick on and wireless) for $85!! He said the service Dept can program it in about 10 min!
Do you know what the part number was? What year is your truck? Let us know if its just a programming deal!!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:15 AM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
programming it is the exact same as programming the keyless entry remote, the only difference being that when you are done, you stick it to the door, not put it in your pocket.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I just got one off of Ebay for $30, way cheaper than the stealership
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.