methanol injection systems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
methanol injection systems

Hello All. I'm a new member. I have a 2000 F-350 SD PowerStroke with a SuperChip and tow a 36ft 5th wheel. I have been thinking of installing a methanol injection system? Any one out there have any real world expereance with these systems. I've looked at the following web sites. www.coolingmist.com www.snowperformace.net www.alcohol-injection.com and www. methanolinjection.net. Any and all info would be a great help. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyski3 View Post
Hello All. I'm a new member. I have a 2000 F-350 SD PowerStroke with a SuperChip and tow a 36ft 5th wheel. I have been thinking of installing a methanol injection system? Any one out there have any real world expereance with these systems. I've looked at the following web sites. www.coolingmist.com snowperformace.net DevilsOwn water alcohol methanol injection and www. methanolinjection.net. Any and all info would be a great help. Thanks.
their are more than a few people running the snowperformance kit....its one of the best

-Raul
Old 08-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I dont personaly have a system but I have never head any thing bad about them 50/50 mix is suposed to be good for about 70hp and 2-300 degree drop in egt's snows injection seems to be a popular kit. you didnt specify but your truck would see a big improvement in lower egt's, HP, Tq, Milage and performance with a 4 inch turbo back exhaust and cold air intake if you dont already have those.
good luck with the modding and welcome to the org.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:50 AM

i would go with the snow
Old 08-06-2007, 07:43 AM
im fat and ugly

im runnin the snow stage 3 kit and love it, it drops the egts about 200 degrees and makes it run like a scalded dog
Old 08-06-2007, 09:03 AM

I would go with anything BUT Snows performance...

The cooling mist system has better parts (ie NOT plastic everything...) better pumps, better looking control system and better warranty service...

I had nothing but trouble with the snows kit... Works, but try getting parts later...

www.coolingmist.com is whats going in the wifes X
Old 08-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via Yahoo to worx
Depends on the local market- but even though CPIPSD said go with coolmist, my local guys had issues on the dealer level a while back and had went with snow... I told them to look into it again, but they are still pushing the other. I don't think that you would go wrong with either, just take your time and then enjoy it!!!
I pull a 24' with a car and accessories so a stage 2 will be dropped in with a 12 gal tank in the bed... They liked my idea and may make a skid unit at the shop to drop in and save themselves time in the future!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.