Dasaliac03's 450hp Summer Build - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 11:48 AM
riddin' high

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dasaliac03 Send a message via Skype™ to Dasaliac03
Dasaliac03's 450hp Summer Build

All right guys...............this is it! Starting my Summer Build, shooting for atleast 450rwhp!

Sold my jetski just to pay for all of this so i hope its worht it in the end!
i
Ive been looking around at other high HP 7.3 setups and ive called a few shops for advice. Ive already started ordering parts, i plan to do most of the installing myself, but there are a few things that are just out of my range.

Performance upgrades i will be going with:

Garrett gtp38r with 1.0 ar housing
Sinisters Regulated Return system
Forged rods
Either airdog or FASS fuel, havent decided yet
and some stage 3 238cc hybrids (not sure whose im going with yet)

My DP tuner is just too convienent being in my gauge pod and having the digital display which tune im in, so i will be shipping my F5 off and having some new tunes burned! If that doesent do it justice, PHP will be in the near future!

Im a little skeptical on building my truck seeing as how its my daily driver, now i know for the first MONTH after its done ill be going through fuel like crazy, but when i calm down with it a bit i will HOPEFULLY get 15-16+mpg compared to my average 17.2mpg now.

I will be posting ALL THE UPDATES as they happen, but as far as the build goes, is there anything else i will need? I dont want to get started building and pop up and need stuff!

Final question before i start posting, Whose injectors should i go with??? My injector knowledge isnt the best in the world so im just basing what i already know on what shops, friends, and the forums have taught me!

PARTS UPDATE PAGE 5

Last edited by Dasaliac03; 05-25-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2011, 11:49 AM
riddin' high

Should i go ahead and do head studs, 910 valve springs, and head gaskets? If at all possible, i dont even want to do them right yet.............atleast until i get bored and want more power
Old 05-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Real Men of Genius

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Hey man, I'm right here with you. I was just thinking to myself everything that I wanted to get done to the truck and you're doing them! Good luck with the build! I'll do some more research myself and see what I would recommend/do and let ya know.

Do they have to lift our cabs to install head studs like the 6.0s?
Old 05-21-2011, 01:02 PM
riddin' high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Diesel View Post
Do they have to lift our cabs to install head studs like the 6.0s?
i dont think they do. I was told not to worry about studs unless i went for or over the 500hp mark

Right now my main concern is having the Forged Rods i bought a while back installed, i dont have a clue what that is going to cost!

all the other add on parts i should be able to do myself.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I had nearly the exact same setup

regulated return
bdp 238cc injectors (recommend-amazing)
gtp38r w/1.15 housing (I went to a 42 after a few months)
stealth pumps/dual IPR's
upgraded bosch fuel pump
and all the typical supporting mods-methanol injection, spearco ic, mbrp exhaust

I had some big issues before I upgraded the valve springs-Towing on the highway I tended to blow the valves open (apparantly too much boost) which in turn had a habit of bending pushrods and breaking rocker arms-I carried spares in my truck. I'd say upgrade the springs. I had issues, but not everyone does.

as for the head studs-you can do them in the truck, but to get the rear one in you have to either dent the firewall (pass. rear) or remove the crossmember/jack the trans up.

Last edited by dazdillenger; 05-21-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I didn't see big oil in your plans-my hybrids sucked my HPOP dry by 2k rpm. The stealth pumps and dual IPR's made a HUGE difference-

DO THE STUDS! My 38r could easily hit 45psi with the setup I had.

Also, What are you running for a trans? Mine lasted literally less than 5 miles on the test drive, and I blew up several (monsterbox-2nd gear sprag, ats snapped input shaft, and suncoast-unknown failure) before getting a BTS.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good luck with the build. Looking forward to seeing your progress and results.

Peter
Old 05-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
+1 on getting a HPOP.

I would do the studs, if you are going to tear it down for rods, might as well do the studs and gaskets, too. (versus doing it later.)

Looking forward to the results.

The thougth has crossed my mind to sell the bike and/or boat.... but don't want to do that quite yet. If I ever end up with kids the bike will go.... but until then, I'll scratch by w/ my mods.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:12 PM
riddin' high

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdillenger View Post
I had nearly the exact same setup

regulated return
bdp 238cc injectors (recommend-amazing)
gtp38r w/1.15 housing (I went to a 42 after a few months)
stealth pumps/dual IPR's
upgraded bosch fuel pump
and all the typical supporting mods-methanol injection, spearco ic, mbrp exhaust

I had some big issues before I upgraded the valve springs-Towing on the highway I tended to blow the valves open (apparantly too much boost) which in turn had a habit of bending pushrods and breaking rocker arms-I carried spares in my truck. I'd say upgrade the springs. I had issues, but not everyone does.

as for the head studs-you can do them in the truck, but to get the rear one in you have to either dent the firewall (pass. rear) or remove the crossmember/jack the trans up.
what size nozzles were on your injectors? i plan to go with hybrids unless someone convinces me otherwise

i dont tow that often but when i do the MAX ill ever have will be a dually on the trailer

how much should the rod install cost me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdillenger View Post
I didn't see big oil in your plans-my hybrids sucked my HPOP dry by 2k rpm. The stealth pumps and dual IPR's made a HUGE difference-

DO THE STUDS! My 38r could easily hit 45psi with the setup I had.

Also, What are you running for a trans? Mine lasted literally less than 5 miles on the test drive, and I blew up several (monsterbox-2nd gear sprag, ats snapped input shaft, and suncoast-unknown failure) before getting a BTS.
ill be going with the SRP1 HPOP, forgot to mention that

ive got the manual zf6 currently, i havent even thought about upgrading that until im done under the hood, how long yall think it will last as is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post
+1 on getting a HPOP.

I would do the studs, if you are going to tear it down for rods, might as well do the studs and gaskets, too. (versus doing it later.)

Looking forward to the results.

The thougth has crossed my mind to sell the bike and/or boat.... but don't want to do that quite yet. If I ever end up with kids the bike will go.... but until then, I'll scratch by w/ my mods.
i sold my jetski for it!
Old 05-21-2011, 03:22 PM
The Tamed Racing Driver

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think If you want 450 then I wound go stage II. Better fuel economy and you can reach you 450 mark. PHP's truck was just a 400 with stage 1's so stage 2's should get 450, especially with a 38r.

How many miles are on your truck? Since you are already pulling the motor to put in conn rods then you might as well do studs and maybe piston rings depending on how many miles you have.

This build is gonna be sweet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.