2in lift... advice please! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 2in lift... advice please!

I am on the fence between two different ways of adding 2inches to the front. My plan: 4in blocks in the rear (which would add two) and two inch shackle/aal up front. I still want a slight rake, but a little lift. So essentially I want my 250 to sit like a 350. Now the question :shackle or aal? I am not scared to sacrifice a little ride quality with the AAL, as my springs now seem weak. But the two inch shackle seems a lot easier to install, and cheaper. So what are your guys' two cents? Will adding 2in the rear and 2 up front get what I'm after? Thanks a lot!
-Mike

2000 F250 7.3l Ext Cab Short Box
TS chip w/TW tunes, Isspro gauges
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Anything?
-Mike
Old 05-13-2011, 06:05 PM
The Tamed Racing Driver

I would go with a 2" leaf pack for the front. Its essentially a lift block, just composed of a stack of shot leaf springs. That way you get your lift and don't loose any ride quality, plus I think it cheaper.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:08 PM
The Tamed Racing Driver

Something essentialy like this

Old 05-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That looks really sweet... Though it is a bit more than a $75 aal kit... $399.99 to be exact lol... A lot more than I am willing to spend... But if I did that definitely looks like the way to go.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Im a little leary of the spring packs that are essentially lift blocks. im sure they are fine but i spend alot of time banging up and down gravel roads and it makes me nervous. I went with the procomp shackle kit from cowboy diesel performance for like $188, and am extremely happy with it. one thing about the shackle kit and even the spring packs is that you get a full 2", with the AAL ive seen them all listed as like 1-2"and alot of that lift depends on your current springs.

As far as your rear goes alot of guys just go with a F350 block.

Jim
Old 05-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I went the add a leaf route front and back, I almost wish I would have gotten 2" lifted springs or a real leveling kit up front. I only got 1 1/2" max out of the front AALs, back gave me more so I ended up guying 1" blocks for the back to replace my F250 blocks to make it look more level.
I know it was cheaper up front but as I keep learning, should have just gone with the right way right off.

Scott
Old 05-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Cheapest route would be a mini-leaf pack ($100-150ish) and go to a junkyard for some 350 blocks/bolts for the rear and install.

I'm planning on putting X-Code springs on mine, (1200# hearier springs) and might still do the mini-leaf pack depending on how much taller it is. (I have a 350 so I don't need the block on the rear.)
Old 05-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I must not be searching very well as I cannot find a mini leaf pack less than $200 haha... I am teetering between shackles and AAL... I understand that the AAL may not get me 2in, and that I have heard a few horror stories with people using shackles. AAL are $75 before shipping, and shaackles are $65 before shipping... My front leafs seem to be getting tired so AAL would be nice, but so would a full two inches... What to do what to do...
-Mike
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Old 05-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

we just did an aal and 350 blocks on a friends 01 250 and it transformed that thing. not sure how much it raised in front but it clears 35 12.5 17's with no problems on a low negative offset wheel
Attached Thumbnails
2in lift... advice please!-2011-02-24-10.47.28.jpg   2in lift... advice please!-2011-02-28-08.38.05.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.