Good and Bad news on Miss Priss... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Tim99ws6
Good and Bad news on Miss Priss...

Well,

The verdict is finally in on my truck from the shop. the "sqeak squeak" noise ended up being a spring on the stock pressure plate going out. How a almost stock truck with only 60k miles on it kills a pressure plate is beyond me...

anyways, the good news is Diesel Performance Parts is right down the street from me, haha, and I never even knew! So, I have the wife grab me their # off of powerstroke.org, and call up Corey. Sure enough he's got what I need, and by end of day, what do you know, Miss Priss has a brand spanking new South Bend Con O clutch at the shop waiting on her!!! thank you powerstroke.org, and DPP you guys rock!!!

I thought about going cheap for......5 minutes, and then smartened up, haha, spent the extra coin on a entry level SBC and I know it'll never let me down!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Conservative and Proud

Repairs suck but upgrades quickly rock!!!!!!!!

Miss Priss will be all sorts of happy when all this is done!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

u will love that clutch. I installed one for a customer once...

Pedal felt smoother and actually a little easier to push in, but the clutch itself gripped so much better (i actually put 400 miles on it for the customer on a weekend to get the break in done cause he couldnt drive it and had to tow with it when he picked it up) Great product!!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tim99ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
u will love that clutch. I installed one for a customer once...

Pedal felt smoother and actually a little easier to push in, but the clutch itself gripped so much better (i actually put 400 miles on it for the customer on a weekend to get the break in done cause he couldnt drive it and had to tow with it when he picked it up) Great product!!
Any tips on break in? Are these clutches any different than a car clutch?

I am realy exited about it guys. I mean, spending the coin when it isn't expected is not any fun, but knowing that i'm getting a excellent replacement is a nice side. I really don't plan on doing much more to the truck, so i dont think/hope this clutch will have any problems holding in my truck. At worst, it'll have a TS 6pos, FBD 4"w/muffler, and keep my S&B intake. I seriously doubt that'll be enough to ever work this clutch, haha. :beer2:

I really think i made the right choice by not going any more extreme with the clutch puck material. I definately didn't want a "on/off" setup(already got that in the race car), and i wanted something that didn't aggravate my wife to drive either.

Questions-->do i need to unhook the return spring on the clutch pedal like they recommend on their website? I say this because it is an entry level clutch, but it has more to do with the PP than the clutch. I wonder if they use the same PP for the ConO as the other cltuch setups....
Old 08-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim99ws6 View Post
Any tips on break in? Are these clutches any different than a car clutch?

I am realy exited about it guys. I mean, spending the coin when it isn't expected is not any fun, but knowing that i'm getting a excellent replacement is a nice side. I really don't plan on doing much more to the truck, so i dont think/hope this clutch will have any problems holding in my truck. At worst, it'll have a TS 6pos, FBD 4"w/muffler, and keep my S&B intake. I seriously doubt that'll be enough to ever work this clutch, haha. :beer2:

I really think i made the right choice by not going any more extreme with the clutch puck material. I definately didn't want a "on/off" setup(already got that in the race car), and i wanted something that didn't aggravate my wife to drive either.

Questions-->do i need to unhook the return spring on the clutch pedal like they recommend on their website? I say this because it is an entry level clutch, but it has more to do with the PP than the clutch. I wonder if they use the same PP for the ConO as the other cltuch setups....
i put a Con FS or something like that i think (cant remember the name for sure) in the truck i worked on, and the VERY presise instilation instructions said nothing about the spring.....

Break in was just normal driving (the more city the better) for i think it was like 250-300 miles with no towing untill then. I put 400 miles on the one i broke in for the guy, and he said it towed beutifully after that..
Old 08-01-2007, 05:58 PM

Send a message via MSN to Cj Ford Send a message via Yahoo to Cj Ford
i put in the Con OFE in my truck drove it for 50 or 60 miles hooked her to the enclosed 8000lbs and went out for a 4 hr tip one way love the OFE I cant slip it and its not on and off, it tows beautifully too its definatly better then stock I pulled my helper spring just cause the pedal was toooo soft for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.