FAULTY PURCHASE.....PERIOD! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FAULTY PURCHASE.....PERIOD!

Hello All,

I have a serious problem that concerns the whole truck that I bought 2 years ago. First, When I bought the truck from Ohio and was driving it back to Louisiana, I broke down in Tennessee. That turned out to be the aftermarket fuel pump that the previous owner installed (SX PUMP w/-10AN fitttings). It is supposed to have a Predator 100 HP chip installed but I haven't verified. It has a 5 inch straight exhaust from the turbo back. Well, the same problem has happened again, the pump is fluctuating (pressure) then it quickly blows the fuel pump fuse under the hood. I am frustrated and would like to share some other problems that I have had with this truck and what do you think.

1. Fuel Pump failure, twice.
2. Door locks won't work (crew cab) and I have to manually press them down and pull them up.
3. ABS light remains lit
4. Sometimes the speedometer doesn't work and after killing the truck and restarting the needle starts registering.
5. The door ajar light stays lit, so the dome light switch must be kept in the off position because it would stay on, where's the door pin switches?
6. When I place the transfer case (manual, not electric) in 4X4 it makes this awful clump noise and jumps out. I have to hold the lever in 4 wheel drive to get it to stay locked.
7. I had a front brake caliper sticking and upon inspection, I ended up replacing every caliper and hardware on the truck due to heavy rust. All of the bleeder screws broke when I tried to bleed the system.
8. All of the oem rust proofing is gone from the frame and undercarriage and it is rusting pretty bad. Now, I purchased the truck from Ohio, and I see why the owner bought a new truck.
9. I've got a engine rear main seal leak.
10. I've got a rear end cover seal leak.
11. I got in the truck one day and stopped at the red light only to have my foot go to the floor, turned out that the entire brake line from the front of the truck to the rear was rusted and the line broke at the rear of the truck.

Which problems have you guys had and what is normal. I enjoy the truck but I realize now that I didn't make a good purchase.

The truck is a:
1999 model, manufactured in 1998
Auto tranny
155K miles
4 wheel drive (Manual transfer case)
Crew Cab
Dually

I have considered selling the thing and buying another one, but I really don't want to pass on a problem. I'm just frustrated with my truck fellas! I bought it to do some work for FEMA and never did, so I rarely drive it, so the fuel pump problem is really a bummer because I hardely drive the thing and now the fuel pump has quit again. I listed the fuel problem elsewhere (911 Engine forum) and the guy suggested that I get a FASS or a Aeromotive A1000 pump. I paid $14,300 for the truck.........:censord:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2007, 03:45 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cchase
Wow that sucks..... I dont have much help but as for the abs i would check the wires leading to the hub, I had the same problem it was pulling the wires apart and just had to patch them. The 4x4 not staying in sounds like my old jeep, and it was a vaccum hose that didnt work.. Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.