Wierd Boost Issue - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wierd Boost Issue

Ok, so my truck is acting wierd lately and im not sure whats going on.

I had a basically stock truck other than gauges, 6.0 intercooler, 6673 intake and a cut off at DP stock exhaust with a TS chip. Before this weekend EGTs would average 800 or so just cruising on the highway.

Well over the weekend I went to a 7.3 van turbo, wicked wheel, and a straight pipe 4" exhuast. The rest of the stuff is still the same.

Well now my truck will hit 24-25 psi and then if I let off and try to get back in it, it will go real slow up to around 15 psi or so. Then if I switch the setting on the chip and get back into it, it will do the same thing 25 and then barely anything. Also after the install the EGTs went up to around 1k just cruising which makes no sense after going to a bigger AR housing and a bigger exhaust.

I was considering changing the gaskets on the up pipes and got 2 bolts off and then couldnt get the others so I just tightened the bolts back up and didnt change them. It looks like I can see a little bit of soot on the pipe like it may be leaking some.

But Im wondering does it sound like something is wrong with my chip since I can switch it and get it to boost again (it also died on me for the first time tiday while changing tunes). Or does it sound like up pipes? Im trying to figure it out as best as possible because I dont want to just throw money around I dont have.

I was considering buying a water meth injection kit and getting my chip retuned by TW but now that I see that soot on the up pipe Im wondering if that could also be it because before I could get 26psi or so and hold it there on the stock turbo.

So im trying to narrow down what it would be without wasting money I dont have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.