Fuel Savings Reported on Donaldson AIS Air System, Anyone Verify? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Savings Reported on Donaldson AIS Air System, Anyone Verify?

Hello from Australia. Western Filters coincidentally to a Posting here on air systems, just sent me a Ford/Donaldson AIS brochure.... This caught my eye, as Marc one of our great Techie Gurus recommended it! Now what is interesting is they said Customers are claiming a fuel savings of 100-200 kms more per tankful... THAT WOULD BE DRAMATIC IF POSSIBLE..

Could it just be they changed out a dirty filter for the big Donaldson free flow "Core Lock" and that explains the fuel economy? Or is this double sized free flowing air filtration possibly a fuel economy increaser? What do you hear friends....

Fuel economy should perk up a few ears, at $3 a gallon, even more here... If this savings was real it could be a boost for all of you

Lone Ranger in Oz.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Banned

heck ranger....we are at 3.30 here for regular 87 unleaded...i dont even know what desiel is...but dont feel bad....we are all feeling the crunch....

as far as the filter goes....i could see it being as much as a 5% gain, but no air filter is gonna give you 20% or more gain.......i dont care who makes it.....i dont know how many Km your truck usually goes on a tank....but i would say a reasonable 5% gain is possible, but like everything, what works for one guy doesnt always for another, so while it may do it, dont expect it or be totally disapointed if its a smaller gain.......Marc
Old 05-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Marc, you are ever the Champion... It does not seem likely unless it just was a dirty filter exchange for free flowing less back pressure style... On the percentage, mine for instance carries 270 litres, two big tanks, 5-6 kms gives me a range of 1350 to 1620 kms, so 100km more would be sorta 7%.... That is in the range of possibly in line with your figure.
Thanks again mark..

Anyone else tried it? It makes sense for us with a dust problem as this is a MEGA sized filtration system... And if anyone can verify a substantial fuel savings it would not take long to pay for itself!!! I would Post the results on our Bushtracker Website as a lot of them would appreciate it as well...!

Ranger lost in Oz...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.