2 problems, need help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 05:38 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2 problems, need help

2000 F250 7.3 4X4

1. Happen today. My door ajar light on the dash will not turn off. All doors shut and seem to hold shut. I had to remove the fuse to turn off the over head lamp in the truck. Anyone have this problem?

2. Happen 2 weeks ago. Searched my owner manual for the trip computer fuse and yet to find it. Anyone know what # fuse for the trip computer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajundave View Post
2000 F250 7.3 4X4

1. Happen today. My door ajar light on the dash will not turn off. All doors shut and seem to hold shut. I had to remove the fuse to turn off the over head lamp in the truck. Anyone have this problem?

2. Happen 2 weeks ago. Searched my owner manual for the trip computer fuse and yet to find it. Anyone know what # fuse for the trip computer?
You have a door switch stuck causing the light to stay on. Spray WD-40 inside the door latches and shut and open all the doors a few times. Do you not have any display on the trip computer/overhead console?
Old 04-09-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
You have a door switch stuck causing the light to stay on. Spray WD-40 inside the door latches and shut and open all the doors a few times. Do you not have any display on the trip computer/overhead console?
I'll spray the latches.

I do not have any display on the trip computer. Any suggeations?
Old 04-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:
I'll spray the latches.

I do not have any display on the trip computer. Any suggeations?
There is no fuse. Try this.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/gen...asy-works.html
Old 04-09-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
thanks a bunch!!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:
thanks a bunch!!!!
Welcome
Old 04-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
2000 F250 7.3 4X4

Have you gotten any rain lately i have a 2000 f250 4x4 does the same thing i was workin in a place where it started raining alot and it done the same thing after i left a few weeks later everything went back to normal until it rained again lol then it went to acting up right off the bat. Same exact thing door ajar and dome light was on until a certain speed then the light would go out but still say door ajar.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yeah I have the same problem in my 01. It all started when my left front BFGoodrich All Terrain exploded going down the road that not only did a metric buttload of expensive body damage it also broke an ABS line inside the fender well. I drove it like that for two months with the ABS light on in my dash. When I went to pick it up at the body shop they had also fixed the line but then my door ajar light came on. They sprayed, oiled, open, shut, removed door panels and finally removed a fuse from the box to keep my dome light from staying on. The fuse also is my warning chime that tells me I left my lights on. The body shop gave up tyring to solve it and told me to go to the dealer. It's still not fixed. When I open the driver's door with the engine off the dome light comes on for three seconds and then shuts off, when the backdoor's open the dome light comes on and stays on like it's supposed to until you shut the door.

Last edited by catman 3; 04-09-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.