Towed for the first time - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Towed for the first time

Today I used my 7.3 to tow for the first time since i got. This was the first time I have pulled with a srw truck. I got to say the F350 really impressed me. I was pulling about 12,000 bumper pull with some pretty good hills. I never turned OD off and saw no issues, it did down shift for hills but that was it. The EGTs stayed around 600-800 hit 1000 a few times (probe is on downpipe). The truck seemed to have plenty of power over the hills, a little sluggish at low speeds but not bad. I got around 10 MPGs out of her too. I did see that I will need airbags, any thoughts on the Air Lift kit for these trucks? Was looking at the 57215 kit. Do you need to drill the frame at all? Any input on sway bars? Do they make any difference? Would a chip make any difference in EGTs or MPGs? Was looking at some of the custom ones out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If your probe is in the dp and you hit 1000 that means its 1300 going into the turbo which is bad I do know this tony wildmans heavy tow tune de fuels the engine enough to keep egts low.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
glad you had a good tow but DEFINITELY get the egt probe in the right place so you know whats goin on.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My probe is in the exhaust manifold, driver side up pipe. Never keep it below 1000* when towing on large hills. You need to move your probe as close to the Turbo as you can but on the hot or motor side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.