Turn SIGNALS not working? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2007, 06:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turn SIGNALS not working?

I just bought a 2001 F350, my first diesel. The only problem with the truck i have found so far is the turn signals dont work front and back. With the lights on, i can make the back blink by repededly pressing the turn signal lever up or down( for left and right). Every once in a while, when pressing the lever the front signals will blink just once. If i push the lever all the way down like normal, nothing happens. It locks in place but does not blink. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Sounds like the flasher
Old 07-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I KNOW THEY WOULDNT COME ON AT ALL IF IT WAS A FUSE BUT CHECK UR FUSES ANYWAY...ALWAYS WANNA START W/ THE SIMPLEST SOLUTIONS FIRST THEN WORK YOUR WAY UP FROM THERE
Old 08-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My powerstroke has nearly the same problem. Except mines dont work at all unless i press on the brakes and put the turn signals on and then one of the brake lights goes out. I tried replacing the electronic flasher (Relay 1 on fuse panel) But still no luck. In your case you might just get lucky since it would only be a $9 fix.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

theres a (blue square realy) under dash up by radio bout 10$ dollars to fix it its kinda a pain to get to from under the dash been there done that a few times
Old 08-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My truck is doing the EXACT same thing as 7.3FOR-ME. If i have the brakes on, i can make the rear blink sometimes by playing with the blinker arm. I took the dash apart and replaced the "blue" box with a new electronic flasher from auto zone(nothing happened). I have not tried replacing the relay 7.3 is talking about because i'm not sure which one it is. Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully i can get to the bottom of this without to much $$$$. My next TRY will be the multifunction switch but that is a little pricy.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just wondering do you have a 5th wheel trailer hookup plug? I tried replacing that relay that you did under the dash and nothing happened either. I had seen on other posts about people who had replaced the switch in the steering column and no luck. I think the 5th wheel triler plug might have something to do with it. Let me know if you have a plug to.thanks
Old 08-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Also wanted to add. If youv'e ever seen a turn signal flasher their a little metal box. Put your hazards on and listen to that clicking. The hazards have a seperate flasher.(Thats what Carquest said) so I would imagine that the turn signal flashers are in the same area. I bought one but couldn't find anything that looked like it. If you see it also let me know.thanks
Old 08-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

7.3 for-me. I do have an electronic break controller on the truck. It was there when i bought the truck and it has never worked. When i plug my trailer up, nothing happens. No trailer breaks or lights. You think this could have something to do with it??? Also the flasher relay i found was under the dash to the right of the steering colum
Old 08-09-2007, 11:22 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
I have a brand new Multifunction switch in the box from a Ford dealer. Cost at the dealer around 100 bucks. I will sell it for 50 bucks plus shipping. I bought it because I had a blinker problem. I ended up having a short in the wiring. Once I repaired that I have had no problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.