Frustrated - Oil Leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Frustrated - Oil Leak

well replaced my turbo and pedestal o-rings Friday. Seemed to fix my oil leak, drove it friday and saturday. went to church this morning and there was a spot of oil. It is not leaking as bad as before but still enough to frustrate the heck out of me. Climed up under the hood and the valley is dry. went under the truck, cannot find the source of the leak. it is dripping from around the fly wheel inspection plate.

any ideas on what to look for next. Wishfull thinking is that it is just some left over stuff that has heated up and started dripping. but, that is not likely.

any advice appreciated. may just have to break down and take it to a mechanic shop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

dont do that! nmy truck has moisture in that spot as well when i pulled my turbo it had no signs of oil leaks, wondering if it could be a leaking pedestal?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:53 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
EBPV actuator rod?
Old 04-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

checked that today and looks good. top of engine is clean. maybe rear main seal? I spent alot of time this evening with a light and mirror and cannot pin point it. I think at this point I am gonna have to turn it over to the professionals. i hear there is a good diesel shop close diesel unlimited in alabaster.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:09 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
my ebpv rod was leaking and it was VERY hard to tell, they tend to crap out, i dont have one any more though lol whats an ebpv .
Old 04-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

update... there was water on top of the block when I was checking for the oil leak, I just over looked it and thought it was from me washing under the hood after replacing the o-rings. well tonight I stuck a wrag down in there to dry it up, and it is not water, it is diesel fuel!

So i think maybe the fuel is running down the back of the block and mixing with the residual oil from the turbot leak which makes it look like oil.

I spent alot of time but cannot see a drop from the fuel bowl. the fuel is puddled in the valley directly below the fuel bowl. I watched it while idling for about 5 minutes and never saw it drop.

so looks like i have another leak to fix. i know there are alot of o-rings and places for fuel to leak, any advice on figuring out where it is coming from.

thanks for everyones input on this site.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 PM

Ok I have read these guys talk about the fuel bowl drain leaking. I think it is a simple o-ring fix. Try to search it on this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.