1. take a look at the turbo fins for damage, check for shaft play (dont forget a few tools)
2. place the oil cap upside-down on the fill after cold start, see if it blows off while the engine is running (blowby test)
3. try and do a cold soak start, see how well it starts
4. ask for maintenance records or repair history
5. check all the pulleys for play
6. check for leaks, note what and where (usully no leak is a big deal on a 7.3) if you see oil coming from the rear seal, dont panic its probably not the rear seal.
7. check the coolant condition
8. check the front end for signs of needed maintenance
9. check tranny fluid level and color
the price looks good though. take your cash, this may be a very good deal. post questions here
Late 99 (2/99) Black F250, CC LB 4x4 Lariat 214k. All Stock for the moment...
1995 PSD, ext cab, one wheel wonder
, 297k miles, 30k on wvo. totaled 5/8/11 RIP This truck is for sale as a parts truck
(Jason is about to receive forged rods, and drop kick his PMR's)
DB high torque starter
DIY Electric fuel w/ wvo conversion
"A clean house is a sign of a mis-lead life."