ZF6 speed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 07:37 PM
2000 f-250 7.3

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to GotDiesel85
Question ZF6 speed

Was driving along the other day and my tranny casing snapped and sent my transfer case and into the ground. only thing that saved me is the rear ujoint broke. any one every hear of the case braking like this before? i mean ive seen driveshafts and ujoints break and bellhousings but never the casing around the output shaft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

That sucks man... sorry to hear. I've never heard of that happening either though.

And sorry to derail the thread, but do you happen to have any bigger pics of your truck? It looks great! I have what looks to be almost the exact same truck. (minus all the mods)
If yours is the color I'm thinking it is, it's not a very common color and I've always wanted to see one like it lifted or leveled with bigger tires.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:58 PM

never heard of that happening but i did manage to snap a main shaft in the tranny...only 95k on the truck when it happened
Old 03-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have seen this happen on automatics but I do not think I have heard it happen on a manual.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:00 PM
2000 f-250 7.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo250 View Post
That sucks man... sorry to hear. I've never heard of that happening either though.

And sorry to derail the thread, but do you happen to have any bigger pics of your truck? It looks great! I have what looks to be almost the exact same truck. (minus all the mods)
If yours is the color I'm thinking it is, it's not a very common color and I've always wanted to see one like it lifted or leveled with bigger tires.

Yes i surely do have more pics of it. when i get home tonight ill make sure and post some. i will also post pics of the transfer case and transmission so you guys can see what it did. The tranny is like not even a year old.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:11 PM
2000 f-250 7.3

well just saw that the accident trashed the syncros and chain in my transfer case. And the guy that build the tranny is saying if we decide to warranty it, and is now taking his sweet *** F****** time getting back to me. the warranty is 5 year 100k miles and the case broke and there is so much flake in the fluid it looks like tin foil. wtf do u mean if!!!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Premium Member

That sucks, sorry. Transmission guys that really know what they are doing are a rare breed. Hope the guy stands behind his work, and sorry for your, uh, problem.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotDiesel85 View Post
Yes i surely do have more pics of it. when i get home tonight ill make sure and post some. i will also post pics of the transfer case and transmission so you guys can see what it did. The tranny is like not even a year old.
Cool, thanks!

Hopefully tranny guy will step up and fix it, but with that kind of damage you never know... he'll probably be looking to try and slither out of it to save money. It seems like more and more often in todays economy the word "warranty" is just that.... nothing more but a word. The warranty is "there"...... until something happens.

Then it is more of a case of, "this is a 5 year warranty"..... until you bring it in broken. Then we make some outrageous claim about how you no longer qualify for warranty. I'm into extreme backcountry/mountain snowmobiling and this problem is especially bad with the manufacturers. Polaris is probably the worst of the bunch.... absolute crooks!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:42 PM
2000 f-250 7.3

i posted a gallery with pics of the pickup and tranny damage. The sent me a new tranny after i threatened law suit. Still got to rebuild my transfer case and get a new drive shaft, but thats cheap compared to a new tranny price.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:22 PM

Thanks for the pics. That is definitely the same color truck as mine, cool to see it leveled out. It looks good, I might consider 285s and a level over my initial lift plan. Hmmm...

Also, for anyone wanting to see the pics - it took me a while to find the gallery. I dunno why it wouldn't come up when I click the gallery thing on your post, but I found it eventually. Here is the link: Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum - GotDiesel85's Album: whatever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.