Mystery O-Ring - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Mystery O-Ring

I have found this mystery o-ring on the passenger side of the valley lying in peices near the valve cover. It is approx. 1 1/2 inches across. Can you help me? Where did it come from? I thank you, and the girls thank you. They use this 2003 7.3l to pull their Pony Ride Ponies. I'm trying to resolve several issues that have been building. It's a learning process, or maybe a test of following good advice...Thanx Again Todd
Attached Thumbnails
Mystery O-Ring-3-17-11-001.jpg   Mystery O-Ring-3-17-11-003.jpg   Mystery O-Ring-3-17-11-005.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome to the org!

I do not know where that o-ring comes from but here is a link to a o-ring chart I have found useful. There is one that is 1 1/2" that is for the CCV doghouse, but that is on the drivers side valve cover, and as I recall it wont simply come off. You would have to take the doghouse off to get to the o-rings. (However, if a ccv mod was done on the truck maybe someone forgot to put one of them back on?) other than that the second closest o-ring on the chart is one that is 1 5/16" OD that belongs to the Oil fill tube to valve cover (which I know nothing about). Hopefully that helps you out, if not hopefully someone will chime in and tell you exactly what its for
Old 03-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks O-ring Bunny, lol... I think my education is ready to begin. I have oil all over the valley, even in the tubes goin to the turbo. Glow plug relay was shot. 3 glow plugs are ohmin out BAD. Had to have truck plugged in to start it. I'm thinkin that I need to get the oil leak fixed before I move on to the GP's. Give me some encouragement Bunny! Maybe that big o-ring i found was just the leftover trash from a previous fix. I now don't think it is causing my imediate problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.