Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

help me buy my first diesel

552 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Zaairman 
#1 ·
whats up guys im new to diesels and fords as well...i've been looking at f 250s with the 7.3 or ram 2500's with the 5.9 cummins but the rams are hard to find around here for a decent price and alot of my buddies have nothing but good tihngs to say about the Fords..

This will be daily driver and will only tow my Jeep from Long Island to PA a few times a year but i also plan on buying a plow for it and making some money next winter...i'm also planning on doing a lot of sidework out of it (im in the marine business) so a pickup is definitely a good choice and i figured id kick myself in the long run if i didnt get a diesel...but on the other hand a daily driver diesel isnt the sharpest decision i've made especially with prices at 4$+ in my area...

anyways im looking to spend no more than 20k and thats pushing it hey im only gonna be 23 im not exactly rolling in money...heres a link the to craigslist ad of the f250 im interested in..im currently working on getting a loan and setting up a day to take a look at it the guy seems pretty busy..

2002 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel Power stroke 72K miles

seems like a good deal to me but figured i'd post it here...never used for towing/plowing strictly for heading upstate on hunting trips...let me know what you guys think..

jason

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.