Electrical Issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Electrical Issues

Ok bear with me because this is hard to explain and really has me down because I just started a new job haulin cars about a month ago using the truck and I need to get rolling asap.

First off, the only changes I made was installing a new blower motor, but I think it's more coincidence than related. After I installed it I smelled a slight electrical burning smell. I figured it was just the motor burning off whatever storage film lubricant is applied. Truck at this point still ran fine all last week.

So tuesday this week I'm out running errands in the truck and the weather has been very rainy and damp. I'm sure this took my problem and blew it through the roof.

Big problems start when I'm pulling out of a parking lot and have to get on it to move into traffic. I hear a couple high pitch beeps bu don't have SES light or CEL come on. as I get off the pedal the truck act like it's shifting badly. Like its slipping really bad, but I notice the motor is actually defuling. when it does it the rpms drop to 0 and come right back. I get to my next destination and shut it down, go in, come out and fire it up.

Now at this point I have to tell you I have a transmission out of an e350 and the output shaft speed sensor is inoperable. This makes my transmission go into a genaric shift program, and makes my OD light blink. As I leave to head home, the truck isn't going into the genaric pattern and is stuck in 1st. I pull off again, put it back in stock tune from econo, check trans fluid, and start off again. Same thing, not erroring into the genaric pattern. So I pull the stick into first, then slide it into 2nd hoping for something. It works, but then its shifting at really low rpms and it really serching badly between 2nd and 3rd.

I get home and it all hits. Shut the truck off and I hear to fan blower is on. Under the hood in the power distro box I hear one of the relays buzzing badly. At this point the key isn't even in the ignition, the door is shut, and the chime for when you leave your key in the ignition is dinging erratically.

I changed the relay that was making all the noise and it stopped but now the truck wont shut opp all the time. I'll turn the key to off, and the dash lights and everything goes out, but truck runs. I turn the key on and it goes through the start up process like its not running. I turn it on and off a couple times and it will shut off.

I just don't know where to start, but I'll be going through it all. If any of you have suggestions please let me know. And if you have any more questions due to my frantic ramble, please ask. I gotta get this bad dog rollin again.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Take a good look at this connector....

POTENTIAL ELECTRICAL CORROSION if your truck is like mine......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.