ENGINE LIGHT????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 11:08 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ENGINE LIGHT?????

I recently purchased a 2002 F-350 Powerstroke (bone stock.) I have added a S&B cold air intake a Diablo Sport Tuner (using economy tune) and I cut the muffler off. Now when I gas on it hard the engine light comes on. Anybody had this problem or does anyone have a solution. The Diablo realy made a difference in power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Its a low fuel pressure CEL. My dads 7.3 is alway setting it off (his fault). Its not a big deal just plug in and clear the code. If you don't hold it out till 4th the light will stay off.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:53 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by dointime4alivin View Post
I recently purchased a 2002 F-350 Powerstroke (bone stock.) I have added a S&B cold air intake a Diablo Sport Tuner (using economy tune) and I cut the muffler off. Now when I gas on it hard the engine light comes on. Anybody had this problem or does anyone have a solution. The Diablo realy made a difference in power.
It sounds to me like you are over boosting the engine. What is happening is your getting up around 25 psi and the map sensor is reading this. Easy correction to stop this. Add a map fooler to your mods and this will stop.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:55 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

its more than likely the comon p1211 , alot of trucks do that under hard accel with chip installed nothing to worry about, its possible to be a overboost code , and a map fooler may take care of it , pull the code and se which it is giving and address the issue from that point
Old 07-21-2007, 04:30 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via Yahoo to SgtStroked7.3
I agree with the overboost solution, over 21 or 22 psi u will throw a code.. just get a map fooler, u can do it urself and pay >$10 or u can buy one and pay anywhere from $20-60. good luck!
Old 07-21-2007, 04:46 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

the bad part about mine and that map fooler , i bought one from dfuser and the cel still comes on , not sure if thats the greatest thing or what
Old 07-21-2007, 04:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to jackgf250hdsd
get a hold of diablo sport and the will send u a custom tune, they did that for me and truck run's great.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:56 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
The below is copied and pasted from one of my threads about DIY map fooler.

I still need to fab a mounting plate and take the pictures and post them up in a complete detailed write up on this. I think I will do that today when I get off work.

Ok so I couldn't wait till tomorrow so I took the regulator off my air compressor to test it out. I guess I either got the wrong thing or a faulty regulator because this time it worked.

So don't worry I am going to put my regulator back on my air compressor actually I am going to buy a good regulator for that one with a filter and oiling system.

So tomorrow I will take pictures if weather permits.

But for now what I used was an Air Pressure regulator, you can get a 160 psi one for 7 bucks at Harbor frieght link below.

Then I used 2 barb hose connectors 1/4 NPT (national pipe thread) one on each side I cut the map line going from the turbo to the map sensor. I put a hose clamp on eachside and attached the hose. Make sure you have the flow arrow pointing towards the map sensor. Also make sure you set the regulator to 20psi prior to installation the easiest way to do this is to use an air compressor. Then I zip tied it to the cac tube coming off the intercooler going to the intake. I plan on making a mounting plate this weekend for it.

Then your pretty much done. Take it for a test drive and build up your boost and watch your dash if you look for a check engine light you won't find one because it won't come on.

All and all it took me about 15 minutes to install this.

Pictures tomorrow.

Parts list
Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
House of Tools -Hose Barb With Male End qty needed 2
and 2 hose clamps that will tighten down onto the hose. I don't know what size you actually need I used 3/8 hose clamps.

The links are just to show you what you will need they are not suggestions on that is what you should purchase or who to purchase from. I just used them as reference.

I will get you some pictures tomorrow.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:47 AM
Let's go B's!!!!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
Its a low fuel pressure CEL. My dads 7.3 is alway setting it off (his fault). Its not a big deal just plug in and clear the code. If you don't hold it out till 4th the light will stay off.
Mine does the same thing. It's throws a low fuel pressure code. But I can turn truck off, and back on again, CEL is off.
Also, driving like normal for about 10 mins after light comes on, it will go off. It still leaves a code to clear, even after light goes off though.

Mine only happens on real fast 0-80 accelerations.

chris
Old 07-21-2007, 09:28 AM

The codes I got are.
P0603 Internal Control Module KAM Error
PO541 Manifold Intake Air Heater

What does that mean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.