OK, since seeing all the SWEET PSD's at Bloomsburg on Sat, I have been thinking of fixing my exhaust. Some months ago, I pulled the muffler and everything aft of it off and it's just been sitting in the bed of my truck since. Well, yesterday morning on my way home from work, I was thinking, "I can see if the two pieces in the bed will fit on the straight pipe that ends just under where the cab and bed meet." So, I got home, walked the dog (Blue) and started the chore of prying the two pieces of pipe apart. (They've been riding in the bed since Late March and had some surface rust holding them together quite well.) I finally got them apart and started mocking them up to see what would work. Well, the rear-most section was already flared and looked like it would slide in just about perfect...so I tried it. Durn thing wouldn't slide on. So some bending with some pliers and still nothing. So...out comes the dremel! I cut four relief slots into the flare to hopefully allow the flared portion to expand a little more, and after a lot of sweet, cursing, and pain, I got them together. I turned the 'new' pipe upward toward the bed side and whalla!!! It comes out just infront of the rear passenger tire and down at a slight angle...(maybe 10-15 degrees). It sounds a lot better too. With the exhaust exitting out the side, I can now hear the straight pipe reflect off of stuff that I pass...like Honduh Civics, Duramax's and the like. I'll get some pics to give you an idea of what I did!
It was free, and took me about 3 hrs, and three showers!!!! LOL.