Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

pryometer problems?

753 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  mpage18 
#1 ·
ever since i got my truck a few months back if been fixing all the stuff thats been wrong. now im getting to the gauges. i have boost and egt . for some reason the egt has been on 4 since i got it. never moves even witht he switch is off. the light inside the gauge works at night so obviousy it has power. Any ideas what to check and where each of the wires should go? think i need a new gauge? thanks for any help

#3 ·
The backlight should come from the dash light circuit, and in no way should affect the gauge operation, and also doesn't indicate that there is power to the gauge where it needs it. The gauge should have the thermocouple (yellow and red) that goes to the probe, and also have (at the gauge) key-switched power and a ground. I am going by memory, it's been a few years since I hooked up the gauges in my yellow truck, and haven't done it in my red truck yet... however, I can look at my new gauge sitting in the box in the garage when I get home... it's an Autometer...

#4 ·
ok i found the problem "(at the gauge) key-switched power and a ground" the power wire goes to a fuse and the out of the fuse to a plug and the plug is not plugged to anything. the ground is hooked up and so is everything else. where should i get power? just need a easy place to splice into

#6 ·
yea its autometer. and ok sounds good thanks for the help

#8 ·
yea thats what im looking for so hopefully i can find that plug. ill try it 2mrw and let ya know . thanks for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.